multiple tracker crash?

Fraggelrock

About 15 minutes ago I was watching one of the torrents I had downloaded when I alt-tabbed back to uTorrent to check the progress of my other downloads. All the trackers were down (multiple downloads and uploads through different trackers), and of course nothing was down or uploading. Yet, it still said Network OK at the bottom. I tried restarting uTorrent, to no effect, then decided to restart my comp entirely, after doing so, I restarted uTorrent and my downloads/uploads began again. The speed gradually picked up to what I get on avg (150kbs/sec d/l and 25kbs/sec u/l)

I'm a little confused as to why this might have happened to all my uploads/downloads simultaneously if it wasn't something wrong on my end, yet I've never experience this before, has anyone else?

Yeah just happened again and I called my ISP, they had me disconnect the modem and shut everything down and restart. They also specified that my modem should be 2 feet away from any other electronic device. This seems like a bit of bs to me only because I've had my modem on top of my cpu and next to my photo printer for as long as I've had the modem, and am not habitually dc'd like that.... thanks for the response :)

Yeah just happened again and I called my ISP, they had me disconnect the modem and shut everything down and restart. They also specified that my modem should be 2 feet away from any other electronic device. This seems like a bit of bs to me only because I've had my modem on top of my cpu and next to my photo printer for as long as I've had the modem, and am not habitually dc'd like that.... thanks for the response :)

Rofl you have SBC DSL don't ya :P I used to be a technical supervisor, I know the drill. They're just following procedure, I wish I could club the person who came up with them in the kneecap.

Archived