Flags

eng

What about .org/.biz etc? :/

I'm not really sure, hopefully they get mapped to the 00 flag.

I've added the 00 mapping so that .com/.net have a US flag by default. This means that only non US mappings will need to be added to the .conf file (I hope).

The previous versions (without 00 mapping) are saved as flags.old.bmp and flags.old.conf if you want to use them for some reason.

EDIT: I'm no longer going to maintain the ones old ones. So they're current as of this post but no futher than that.

Edited by eng

Seems like most hosts are entered now. Almost no non-flagged peers inthe list ;)

That's good to hear.

cerknica.org|SI

torpet.ac|SE

and btw: weird7ca.jpg is SE

I'm not really sure what I can do about those though. From my understanding the .conf was only to map .com/.net

So .org or domains with a ccTLD that are wrong are going to stay wrong. Maybe a developer or someone in the know will correct me.

In any event I updated the .conf with domains I know will work.

A couple of questions, which I couldn't find answers for elsewhere:

1) Where can I find a copy of the original flags.bmp?

2) Why does the flags.bmp in this thread have blank spaces?

1) Was answered in this thread on page 2.

flags1ww.png

2) Was answered in this thread: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=375

Basically they're spaces for domains that I don't yet have flags too. So they're in the .conf and .bmp but no actual flag. Here's what's missing: .eu .gf .gp .md .ps .re .su .tf

I've added the 00 mapping so that .com/.net have a US flag by default. This means that only non US mappings will need to be added to the .conf file (I hope).

Would some people feel offended if a US flag is put in front of their non-US ISP?

you see the US flag virtually exclusively with .com/.net, it wouldn't be very different if you had no flag showing instead. in fact, it'd be easier, because it wouldn't get mixed in with IPs that don't have flags

If all the .com/.net have a US flag, how would you tell which ones are really US and which ones aren't?

another one

Thanks

Updated the .conf again

I've got another set of flags that has most of the ccTLD. I personally don't like it as much as the current flags.bmp I've been hosting, but for people that don't like the pastel look they might like it more. Hopefully I'll be done with it tomorrow.

How would not having the flag make a difference? You'd still be wondering which ones are US and which ones aren't. It makes absolutely no difference, apart from seeing a flag, and not seeing a flag.

If the .com/net are not mapped to a flag by default, you'd know all the one s with flags are mapped using the flags.conf and the blank ones need mapping.

If they all have flags by default, you don't know which ones are incorrect unless you are familiar with that ISP.

Here's a few more, the last one is thanks to snez

mycybernet.net|CA

hi-velocity.net|UK

vispa.com|UK

bikab.com|SE

spydernet.net|CY

If the .com/net are not mapped to a flag by default, you'd know all the one s with flags are mapped using the flags.conf and the blank ones need mapping.

If they all have flags by default, you don't know which ones are incorrect unless you are familiar with that ISP.

The old .conf/.bmp are still available if you prefer to use it that way.

Updated the .conf again

Unfortunately didn't have any time today to work on the new flags, hopefully tomorrow.

I guess what I really wanted to know was where ARX-7 found that default flags image, since that's not the same default flags bitmap that ludde posted in the "Missing Flags" thread...

The flags ludde posted was for versions prior to 1.2 so it won't do you much good now. The one ARX-7 posted is the current default flag bmp.