Flags

eng

But I wouldn't say that half of them were mentioned, and some of those which were, were wrong (siol.net|SL for instance. Don't know if SL is Slovakia, but it should be Slovenia iirc).

What are you talking about? siol.net is correct. It's always been SI, I found that one myself last night. .sk is Slovakia, not really sure where you're getting the SL from, since that's for Sierra Leone. Despite your list having some already entered hostnames every little bit helps, right ;-)

Anyhoo, updated again.

superkabel.de|DE

Anything that ends in a ccTLD shouldn't need an entry in the .conf file. The only things that need to be added are .com and .net TLDs.

What are you talking about? siol.net is correct. It's always been SI, I found that one myself last night. .sk is Slovakia, not really sure where you're getting the SL from, since that's for Sierra Leone. Despite your list having some already entered hostnames every little bit helps, right ;-)

I was referring to chaosblade's post where siol.net was identified as SL. Thanks for the correction though.

Found some other hosts: (And I did search this time :D)

cableone.net|PT

colt.net|PT

eftel.com|AU

fastres.net|IT

jtibs.net|UK

klfree.net|CZ

kotinet.com|FI

kymp.net|FI

nbtel.net|CA

ovh.net|FR

prtc.net|PR

sheab.net|SE

usertools.net|AU

wanokokoro.org|FR (Don't know if this is a real hostname, but it was displayed in µTorrent)

Edit: eng, Do you need the US hostnames too? I see them listed in flags.conf. If you do:

sprint-hsd.net|US

dslextreme.com|US

sbcglobal.net|US

speednetllc.com|US

csaa.com|US

dmisinetworks.net|US

nvbell.net|US

sherbtel.net|US

netactive.net|US

Edited by Animorc

Yeah, I put mine there for default use, mainly to use as a template. the host mappings (not the TLD list) are basically identical, just that mine doesn't map |US, since it's not required when you're not using a custom flag.

Also, .net and .com only, you can't map .org

Edited by Firon

eng, Do you need the US hostnames too? I see them listed in flags.conf

Unfortunately when using a custom .bmp you have to map US ones too :( I wish there was some way to have wildcards or regex for the mapping so then it could move all the .net/.com that isn't mapped to US. Also things like *.gb|UK since it seems silly to have the same flag in the .bmp several times. Oh well.

Eng: Could you edit the topic or first post adding "Updated: date", it would be easier to know if you changed your flags.conf that way.

The top of the .conf file has the date when it was last updated. I'll also make a post anytime I add more than a few hostnames.

Like now ;) The .conf has been updated with latest postings. Thanks everyone.

US hostnames arn't required if you're using a custom or default .bmp. Take a look at the default flags.bmp and .conf:

flags1ww.png

# Name of each flag in the bitmap

AR AT AU AW BE BG BR CA CH CL CN CO CZ DE DK EE ES FI FR GR HK HR HU

ID IE IL IN IS IT JP KR LT LU LV MA MG MX MY NL NO NZ PE

PL PT RO RU SA SE SG SI SK TH TN TR TW UA UK US 00 YU ZA

Notice the two US flags and their names?

Unfortunately when using a custom .bmp you have to map US ones too sad I wish there was some way to have wildcards or regex for the mapping so then it could move all the .net/.com that isn't mapped to US.

If you add a second US flag to the .bmp and name it 00 in the conf then you won't need to map the US ones.

You have to map US regardless of if you use a flags.bmp in the new beta

Just add 00 to the conf like the above.

Not really, I had no problems finding 15 hosts with the US flags showing...

why would it make a difference? you see the US flag virtually exclusively with .com/.net, it wouldn't be very different if you had no flag showing instead. in fact, it'd be easier, because it wouldn't get mixed in with IPs that don't have flags :P

Edited by Firon

Updated.

It would be next to impossible though to find non-US .net and .com hostnames if the flag was there imo. The only thing marking them from the rest is that they miss flags.

That's how I've been finding them, but if enough people want me to add the 00 flag to map .com/.net to US by default I will.