Flags

eng

• 2 weeks later...

Update 2013-07-21: http://www.should.keepfree.de/flags_by_eng.zip

But now I included all the US and other TLD's!

How to use / description: http://www.should.keepfree.de/Readme_FLAGS.html

PS: guys, try update your posts which are between updates. Don't create a new post for each entry ...

Edited by schnurlos

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just want to thank you and all the flag hunters out there' date=' it makes uT a little bit more understanding where you are getting your torrents from. It beats nothing at all!

I just have one dumb and stupid request. Is it possible, when you hover over the country flag, can you make it display what county it is? I'm not really that good with flags of the world, but it would make uT a little more informative.

As far as the other people complaining about the flag.bmp and flags.conf, if you don't like them, don't put them in your uT directory.

Thank You. :)[/quote']

i know you are pointing to my post.i am not complaining. i want this will be better.if flags.conf support ip addresses also for e.g 192.168.25.58|US.so the the unresolve ip will also have flags.

Are you talking about undocumented/unresolve ips? If you are, then there's a special flag (with a ? on it) that shows up and it's up to the "flag hunters" to find out what country the IP is located. The flags.conf & flags.bmp only apply to .net and .com right now. Personally, I think that they are doing a good job. I sure don't have the time to do it, do you?

You have to understand, as the months and years go by, the IP address e.g. 192.168.25.58 are constantly changing, especially if they have a Dynamic IP address. That would be almost insane to keep track of ALL the IP addresses. Remember, this is ALL VOLUNTEER work (just like µTorrent), and not too many people know how to track unresolved IP addresses.

You could have suggested that they could do it a different way, or to include IP addresses e.g. 192.168.25.58, but if you're not a programmer/script writer of some sort, just take what they give you. All I'm concerned about is making µTorrent more stable with possibly some new features along with keeping the application size small.

the thing you are talking about when you hover the country flag.it display the what country it is.it is not possible at this time

I don't see how hard it would be because the county code is in the flags.conf file. Then again, I'm not a programmer, so I could be wrong.

I've Just Copied / Pasted this realistic solution.

I think, programmers should just use Subnet-aware list.

https://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=693744#p693744

Due to the way that CIDR, DNS, and the allocation of IPv4 address space work, adding the first two octets of unresolved IPs to some kind of catch-all list is not a reasonable solution to the issue. In many cases, it will simply be wrong.

The best solution would be simply to create a subnet-aware list of all known regional assignments of IP networks by country, since the entirety of the IPv4 address space has been assigned to organizations or providers. Whether this is possible, however, is another story entirely.

Edited by lightmoon

Please put more information into the first post of this thread about flags.test.conf and its accompanying .bmp file options (flags.test.bmp and flags.test.famfamfam.bmp). Right now the first post tells people to use the old flags.conf and flags.bmp from several months ago that have not been updated. (I realize the Readme file linked to in the first post contains this information, but the first post itself doesn't contain this information.)

Also, the following flags need to be updated:

Belarus (.BY) - changed its flag a little bit on February 10, 2012 to make it look prettier

Libya (.LY) - changed its flag on August 3, 2011 when Muammar Gaddafi was overthrown

Burma/Myanmar (.MM) - changed its flag on October 21, 2010 as part of gradual transition from military junta to democracy

Additionally, three new countries need to be added to the ccTLD list with their flags:

Curaçao (.CW) - gained independence from the Netherlands on October 10, 2010

South Sudan (.SS) - gained independence from Sudan on July 9, 2011

Sint Maarten (.SX) - gained independence from the Netherlands on October 10, 2010

Possible error in your list: acndigital.net is listed twice, once for Canada and once for US. This ISP actually serves customers in both countries, but they have more US customers than Canadian customers, so it would probably be best to list them as US and not Canadian (since it can only show one flag after all).

Now for my contributions to the list:

deltainfocom.com|BD

ii1.net|CA

inspiringnetworks.com|NL

navigue.com|CA

riseup.net|US

slic.com|US

yucca.net|US

Edited by yetisyny

Update 2013-09-01: http://www.should.keepfree.de/flags.zip

But now I included all the US and other TLD's!

How to use / description: http://www.should.keepfree.de/Readme_FLAGS.html

@yetisyny: I followed your suggestions and hopefully everything is correct in my new files :rolleyes:

cabal1.net|DE

ip-142-4-208.net|FR

premium-broadband.com|CA

Edited by schnurlos

@yetisyny: I followed your suggestions and hopefully everything is correct in my new files :rolleyes:

Thank you! :cool: This is what I've found since your last update:

juch-tech.com|CA

nutridar.com|JO

xmission.net|US

Also, just in case you ever allow .org addresses, here's a .org one for an ISP in Utah (in case nobody else has requested this feature already, I'd like to feature-request that uTorrent treats .org addresses the same as .com and .net when it come to flags, so that we can put .org addresses such as the one below in flags.conf):

sfcn.org|US

Edited by yetisyny

• 2 weeks later...