display problem

crazyhorse

content of the list dissapears for a tiny moment and then re-appears (roughly every second).

my setup:

win2k SP4

uTorrent 1.6.1 build 490

(no tweaks, no user settings outside of options/preferences. no settings changed in the advanced section therein)

----

if this adds to the info about the problem I am having;

also noticed under:

...Linux+Wine+µTorrent

user/s?, version? perhaps not precisely the same problem

----

PS: originally requested help through forum search and a troubleshooting section thread.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=240514

thanks. im sure that wont be it. i am not the only person with the problem (to be confirmed by Ultima) i have replicated the effect on 4 different machines. 3 desktop and 1 laptop.

all tested were

win2k SP4

uTorrent 1.6.1 build 490

effect was the same for other builds (1.6.1.475? just from memory, earlier versions i tried were the same also)

Wine was the problem? if there was a workaround or a description of why Wine was the problem that would be good.

i want to fix this on Slax (liveCD without the Wine module) and Win2k

a shell hasnt been used on any of the machines that i have replicated the problem on - ever.

yes, i mentioned my use of replacement shells here in another thread but i have a specific place i use it (on a specific purpose machine in a workshop).

I installed Win2000 Small Business Server. Same problem - only one machine tested so far.

uTorrent was the first and only application added to the machine after a format/clean install. I didnt even add the mainboard drivers such as VGA, NIC, etc.

It was SP4 and the problem existed, then I added unofficial SP5.

I have tried on these forums in 'troubleshooting' to get somewhere with making uT my replacement for Azureus. This problem and the difficulty to get advice on other matters is making it less desirable.

Until Ut for linux, I may have to resort to Opera's native torrent, or find another client that i like as much as uT.

of course it is.

spelling mistakes all through the gui would be less of a bug.

i have a display with apps sized next to one another showing constantly so perhaps im affected more adversely than other people who have the problem. maybe at this stage of uTorrents developent none of this stuff matters.

The problem, if it really is a problem, wouldn't be relegated to "unimportant" just because of whatever stage of development µTorrent is in. I have yet to see the problem in any of my Windows computers, and the hardware varies from computer to computer, so I'm not really sure what to say here. My guess is that ludde never saw this bug, and no one else has either. Because it's not reproducible, it's not easy to track down from anyone else's end.

• 1 month later...

hi. thought id wait for a few more builds since i am perhaps the only person who has ever experienced this problem! wow, that could even be true.

i know its still only beta but i thought id drop another message in here.

same prob exists using the 1.7b 1703.

ps: im moving to an embedded device but it is my habit to follow through when i report bugs. good luck.

yes i suppose it would be win2k specific as i have tested with fresh installs while i go about my regular work as a tech.

ive tried a two different win2k flavours and had uT running on the generic drivers (pre device specific driver packs).

but as ultima points out we need to know "if it really is a problem". it is obviously not win2k-wide. i can only guarantee that i am experiencing the effect and that im not invoking it somehow.

let me know if there is something you want me to do at this end. i understand that chasing an obscure bug like this will not draw highly on the hit list and nor should it..,

webUI and Opera's torrent still doin it for me!

Archived