Need help with my ip address

Bman

I am using a Belkin F5D8230-4 router with charter internet service(cable). My computer hooked to the modem and the router has one ip address and my wireless desktop seems to have another. When I try to download from UTORRENT it is extremely slow. When I do a port check it tells me that the port #*** isn't working for ***.***.*.*(IP Address). This IP Address is totally different from the previous. What can I do. I tried port forwarding it didn't work. Please help

BMAN

Your computer has both a LAN ip address and internet WAN ip address. The port checker checks your internet WAN ip address...which *SHOULD* reach your computer if port forwarding is done correctly and there's no other firewalls blocking access.

Belkin routers are really bad for file sharing, as most of them crash when attempting over 60 connections at once. Wireless tends to be bad too. Combine them together...and it's a wonder you can maintain an internet connection at all after µTorrent is fired up (unless you give µTorrent very strict limits).

Archived