In Terms of encryption

g33k_2p0

hey there, im new to your forum but have been using torrents for about 3 years now i just have a quick question..

My isp Rogers in canada is now throttling torrents soo bad that Evan when enabling encryption its no good, and evan when i use secureix it still doesnt work that great (30kbps)... ive done research to find this out before i ask but i didnt seem to come up with an answer so here is the question

are you working on a new encryption that can bypass this new traffic shaping technology? and is there anything i can do for the time being to speed things up a little? thanks for any help...

using secureix because of speed issues in mind is counterproductive since you share that way the connection with many other users which can't result in real great speeds. So using it to circumvent throttleing of speed doesn't work here. your ISP might not throttle this VPN connection, but the connection itself can't be fast. So in your case as a canadian, you might consider ceasing to use secureix and donate the bandwith u use from them to those that are in need of this service :-)

secureix is an option when you need a bit more security because downloading for personal use would be a cause for action against you. This isn't the case in canada AFAIK, so no need as a canadian to seek the "protection" of a VPN into the US in case of the intention to download copyrighted materials for personal use.

Er, well, that's not really the main reason to use VPNs with BitTorrent (or at least not the main reason I've seen people use it for around here). What g33k_2p0 was trying to use it for is what people usually try to use VPNs for in conjunction with BitTorrent.

@g33k_2p0: No, there isn't a new encryption scheme being worked on.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived