Allocation for file preview

dipp

Hi I was wondering If utorrent has a way to allocate files so if I am downloading a movie I can preview it (ie. If I download an .avi bittornado will download the start of the file first and download it in order). I am pretty sure this is not available on azureus, but it is possible by using bittornado (probably the only reason I keep bittornado around). This feature would be very useful and I feel would grealy help the growth of the program. BTW, I am a noob so if this feature already exits could someone please point it out. Thanks.

You could have simply searched for "preview" and found your answers =\

BitTornado doesn't download files in order, and µTorrent won't either. µTorrent already tries to download the beginning and ending pieces, so preview would *theoretically* work fine even if you download a part of a video file. I'm not sure if it actually works as such (I don't download video files).

Also wanted to mention that I am know officially a utorrent user!!!!!!! Got rid of bittornado and azureus as utorrent was faster and used less resources (although the beta builds of azureus didn't use much resources either.) Know I just have one more question. Is upnp as efficient as opening the port up (ie will i get slower speeds with upnp) and is udp supported yet and if so at what port. Thanks again.

While I have your attention, I just got an error that the file i am downloading was in use by another process. All I did was access the folder. Is there some way to prevent this or is this just hoe utorrents designed. Thanks yet again.

Hm I don't usually open files while they are loaded by µTorrent, but my guess is that µTorrent is still writing to the file you're trying to open. I don't exactly know how it works (or why it happens), but responded since you were looking for my response =P

Maybe someone more knowledgable can answer you on this question.

Archived