Utorrent keeps crashing/not responding

lonely_panda

I've had utorrent running smoothly in Vista for some time but decided to partition and reinstall vista after getting a nasty virus. After reinstalling utorrent, I've run into a major problem. The program will open and operate fine but then if I try to open the program window (via the system dock) it just doesn't respond. It runs between 5-15k on my memory but acts as if it's using all 2GBs of my memory. The program will eventually open but will respond very slowly (like not functioning slow) and will go into "not responding" mode if you click around in it too fast. I've deleted utorrent and it's folder but everytime I reinstall it starts with the last settings and torrents running which makes me think maybe if I did a clean uninstall and reinstall (is there even a way?) maybe it'll function correctly again.

Any help is much appreciated and thanks Utorrent for being the most consistent (even on Vista, till this problem came about).

i have the same problem.. my 1st start of utorrent is find.. but after i minimize to system tray. i wan open it again.. it becomes not responding.. cant even right click on it.. i tried open task manager and terminate the program and start again and reinstall it. but consequence just the same.

I am also experiencing this problem. I read the faq and uninstalled by the the instructions given for removing my saved setting but when I reinstalled it kept the same torrents. The program works fine until the tracker update process begins.

Please help... I miss utorrent.

I have XP-Vista dual boot and have same settings for both systems.

I had same problem with utorrent/bitcomet: application freezed, says not responding...

Finally I found out it's the spyware doctor hangs the programs.(even I also have that installed in XP, but no problem at all.) After uninstalled spyware doctor, it runs all good.

So I am assuming it's anti-spyware/virus or firewall problem.

Archived