.torrent association

dipp

I can not get utorrent to associate itself with .torrent files. I tried using the button in the options and right clicking on the torrents and selecting always open these types of files with utorrent. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I'm having trouble with associaton too. It might be a registry issue. Azureus is a tyrant when it comes to torrent association, even when you tell it not to. You install that and the blue frog appears. Then you try to change association and it remains Azureus. I uninstalled it, but the frog icon remains. Then I tell torrents to associate with µtorrent and the icon changes to Rufus or G3 Torrent. When I manually say "open with", it stays as the G3 or Rufus icon. How do you fix that? This apparently also screws up opening torrents by simply double clicking.

I was having the same problem, found that the problem was only when using firefox, switched back to IE and the problem went away.

*edit* sorted it out in firefox now, had to delete the action it wanted to take with torrent files, then click on a torrent and point it to utorrent

Taz

Archived