speed is very very slow and i got cable

mrking

my download speed is 4750 kb/s

upload speed is 143 kb/s

so my conn setting should be on xx/128k or xx/192k because on my bro laptop its on current settings and his global mx upload rate is 60 and mine is 17 and my bitconn global max conn is on 90 and his is on 400 and connected peer torrent my is on 55 and his on 100...i dont get this, im useing cable conn and only 1 dl it saying ETA 7h 22min...i really dont get this...its very very slow on only 1 dl and im only dling only 1 movie of 1.32gb please help why my conn is slow

Your brother is probably overloading the connection (you may only have 60 KiloBYTES/sec max theoretical upload total), so there's nothing left over for you to use. Best bet is to just run µTorrent on one machine and let it manage all the torrents, if your brother will agree to that. :lol:

so your saying that is my download speed is 4750 kb/s and upload speed is 143 kb/s,

should be on xx/192k not more than that because right now i have it on xx/192k and im dling a movie of 1.26gb and remaining time is 6h 26 min

is it good?

okay i have deleted my bro utorrent and im the only 1 who got utorrent on my laptop...my question is that why only 1 download @ 1 time and im useing cable...cuz my cable is fast why only 1 dl @ the time...i dont get this...i told my bro not 2 use utorrent...is 143 kb/s is slow?...in connection where its says global max upload rate is 17 can i change it to 60...wha u say? and in bitorrent the global max num of conn is only 90 can i change it to 400, and max num conn of peers is only 50 can i put 100...and max num of active dl is only 1...i want to put 3 or 4...what would u say about this? please help me...thanks alot

I don't know what the rated upload and download speed is for your internet connection. Your ISP should tell you.

143 kb/s? If you mean 143 kilobits/sec, that's slow. If you mean 143 KiloBYTES/sec, then that's about 8-10 times faster...and not really slow at all!

Raising global max connections very much is likely to just cause problems and not give much extra speed unless you have a VERY fast connection.

If you're only able to upload at 17 KiloBYTES/sec, then running multiple torrents at once means you're uploading to other people potentially at less than 1 KiloBYTE/sec each...which is slow even for dial-up. They are far less likely to upload back to you if you upload slow to them individually, and your download speeds can suffer even though you may be uploading to more people.

well when i click run speed test, it only gives me upload 143 kb/s....i dont know if its 143 kilobits/sec...im useing a cable connection which is fast conn...because whenever i dl a movie of 1.26gb...time says 6h 26min...i dont know why...before i use 2 dl a file of 1gb and it used to dl it less than an hour but my conn settings was on current and global max was on 100 i think...so if my speed is 143 kilobytes/sec...which speed should i chose? more than xx/192k or xx/1mbit...BY THE WAY IM USEING A LAPTOP (A ROUTER) a wireless conn...my internet is fast and dling is fast 2 if i send pics or anything...thanks

That reported speed of 100.0 mbps is probably only for your Local Area Network (LAN).

That's how fast (in theory) you could transfer files between computers on the network.

However your internet connection is likely less than 1/10th that for download and probably less than 1/200th that for upload. ...And you're sharing that very limited amount with ALL computers at your location.

Archived