video burning

ak471992

hi i had a lot of home movies saved on my hard-drive and i wanted to burn them to dvd disks, however i was told that you could get up to 10 hours of playback on a 4.7gb dvd however the most i was ever able to get was abuot 3 and a half hours. to normally do this kind of thing i use nero as i heard it was the best but i want the maximum amount of playback.

any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

If you're seeking to back up data, treat the DVD blank as a data DVD and save the video in xvid or Divx 5 format *.AVI files. These DVDs will NOT be playable on most stand-alone DVD players that connect to TV sets, but for backup you can store a LOT more video that way.

You'll have to ask elsewhere for how to encode video into xvid and Divx 5 format *.AVI files.

ok tried it out and turns out my dvd player doesnt support data dvd's it just came up with, no audio dat and no image data. but oh well.

do you think that ps3 will be able to play these dvd's. also another question about the blu-ray thing on ps3, well, will we be able to burn videos to blu-ray disks via our computers, or will we need to buy a blu-ray player which cost a few thousand pounds(dollars, its all the same), as i heard somewhere on the net that you could use nero.

Also, sorry to be such a bother, with ps3 and other things what are all the regions about, i know its something to do with each region is a different country or something like that but which region is which country (continent) and will things from different regions work in other regions.

thanks for your feedback guys.

P.S schnurlos, dont worry about it.

P.S UTORRENT IS THE BEST

Archived