Port forwarding fails despite all efforts

Scriblit

Hi, here's what I've been trying to do to open ports on my computer:

I have ZA + Kaspersky AV + Spydoctor. I've tried adding the expert rules in ZA as shown on the portforward site, and shutting down all these programs.

I have a Universal robotics router model 8054. I've set up the virtual server to give a static IP as instructed, using several different ports, trying TCP/UDP/Both

I've tried disconnecting the router, and only using the modem, a Siemens Speedstream 4200, and the problem persists, and settings on the IP page were minimal (no choice for port forwarding). At this time, I re-set a new static IP, with still no effect.

I've tried reinstalling utorrent, using Azureus to see if it had the same problem (it does), and shutting down all background programs in the task manager that I could (except utorrent and critical processes). In between everything, I've shut down and restarted utorrent + tried updating the tracker. Yet everytime it tells me during the speed test that I'm blocked. I'm at the end of my rope, anyone have any ideas? Thanks

what ISP do you have? i also have the same problem - have tried everything and still have my port blocked, even after turning off all the firewalls alltogether. the only thing that i can think of is that my ISP is not allowing the connections. i have a speedstream 4200 and was able to open the port under settings - port forwarding, after i reset my password and signed in. but it didn't help anyways - my port was still blocked. i know that this doesn't help you much - except that you are not alone!! will watch your posts to see if anyone has a good suggestion. good luck!

It's Bell Sympatico DSL. It wasn't on the list of bad ISPs, and I can download perfectly fine. And I can upload too if there's enough peers. For some reason, though, it doesn't work on a private tracker despite my best efforts, and I won't be able to maintain a good ratio.

Archived