How exactly does it work then ?

carnagerover

What i mean by that is,

When i am connected to a torrent that say has 500 seeders 125 leechers on my 8mbit connection i will get something like 620k a second or around about that.

Even though there are 500 seeders i am only connected to around 85 of them.

What do i need to do to allow Utorrent to connect to more that 80-90 seeders, this still happens if i am only downloading one torrent.

I have not changed the utorrent defaults, is there something i need to do or is this just how it works, tracker specific ?

My router can handle 1000 concurrent connections also so it is more than ready for some action.

My 8mbit connection is always fast and i can always download file from the internet, linux stuff, game demos at 820-840K

Oh and lastly i have had more than 800k before

Is it just that it takes time to get to a high number of seeders, some files that are around 360mb dont get past 650k but are downloaded in around 10minutes anyway

Thanks alot

Stu

Considering that each connection made (even attempts!) eats into both the upload and download bandwidth...you'll get better speed from fewer seeds+peers connecting at once than too many.

I use roughly half the number of connections that Speed Guide recommends.

With my connection being similar to yours, and that I consider seeding back often to >2:1...downloading it quickly isn't an issue. I've already got more than enough stuff to keep me busy for however long the wait.

Archived