Customizable sound?

Doupi

Guys I hear a beep sound (more like a note playing from a windows sound) from the sound card too when a file finishes in utorrent!

The original poster is not imagining things!

I checked again and indeed it is the windows balloon sound that is the sound that plays...

so as someone said, if you change that event in the sound settings of windows you will do what you want, but of course then all balloons will have that sound.

Yes, I agree, customizable sound would be awesome, because only 1 balloon tip is shown if multiple files finish. Ex. if 3 files finish downloading, I only get 1 balloon tip, I must revert back to uTorrent to see which ones have finished. If I am sitting at my computer and hear 3 "sounds", I know 3 files have finished even though the balloon tip only shows me 1 (assuming I did not click away the balloon tip), I am using Vista. Thanks!

@Wolf68k: You can disable "Show balloon notifications in tray" in the µtorrent options.

A Balloon Notification is considered a System Notification by windows and thus it plays the assigned sound. You can either disable the balloon (in µtorrent) or you disable the System Notification sound (in Control Panel's sounds and audio devices).

• 5 months later...

Archived