uTorrent BSOD...help

Clintster

Ok, a while back I switched from Azureus to uTorrent because Azureus was causing system crashes. I guess it was not just unique to Azureus because I keep getting BSOD's with uTorrent too. My system does not crash at any other time. It is completely stable unless I run a Bit Torrent client, then it crashes. It could be a matter of minutes or many hours, but it will eventually crash. I consider myself to be at least an intermediate windows user, but this one has got me. I need some help. All I can see on the BSOD before reboot is "physical memory dump". I forgot how I setup windows to save the dump for me so I can review it.

Windows XP pro 64 bit sp1 (fully updated at all times)

Athlon 64 3700+

Asus A8N SLI Deluxe (nForce4-SLI-X16)

Avast Antivirus (but I turn this off a lot because the "on access protection" slows everything down)

Just use windows firewall

Like I said before, Torrent clients are the ONLY things that cause BSOD's. Other programs might crash to desktop at times, but no BSOD's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BSOD always show a certain type of error and sometimes other relevant information (filenames (abcd.dll) and hexcodes (0x02468ACE)).

However µtorrent hasn't been the cause of a BSOD afaik. Although it can trigger dormant hardware and software problems because of its reasonably intensive use of different devices (NIC/HD/Memory) and their (possibly corrupt) driver (damaged memory and problematic NIC drivers being nr 1 and 2).

There are a couple of good BSOD topics on this forum and on the internet so search them first please.

Archived