u torrent running but not responding

aravindkool

hello guys,

i have xp sp2 ,intel d945gcl chipset, dual core ,512 ram .

heres my problem

u torrent is in system tray , i recive a message"u torrent running but not responding please close all u torrent processes and try again"

i tried un installing and re installing i tried it re downloading it but i recive the same message

please help me

That is almost always a software conflict with µTorrent and something else.

Drivers are a likely suspect, but antivirus, antispyware, firewalls, and even cd burning software can be likely culprits too.

It's also possible for the issue to be due to overloaded settings if µTorrent runs for hours before it has that problem. ...or router/modem major issues.

I am also having similar problems. Everytime I try to start uTorrent now, I get the message 'Utorrent has encounterd a problem and crashed'. If I try again, 'uTorrent is running but not responding'.

Is there any method to identify the problem? The only software changes that I have made is to upgrade my download manager (Internet download Manager) to the latest version. I have removed that but the problem still persists.

If the problem is overloaded settings, and I do keep Utorrent running for long periods, how can that be rectified?

Any further help and solutions that anyone can provide would be a appreciated.

Read the incompatible software list in the FAQ first, and ensure you've got none of the ones known to cause crashes. Once you've eliminated that possibly, check to see if there's crash dumps (ending in .dmp) in the same folder as the .exe, and send them to greg@bittorrent.com

I have a lot of torrents to upload, but now what I am getting is at tracker status:

(this is an example with a torrent)

Seeds Peers ................ Tracker Tracker Status

0(0) 0(24) tracker.prq.to working

0(0) 0(24) tracker.prq.to updating...

0(0) 0(24) tracker.prq.to HTTP error 404

0(0) 0(24) tracker.prq.to An operation of socket was attemped in one host inaccessible

0(0) 0(24) tracker.prq.to offline (timed out)

What could be happen?

What is TPB?

Ok The Pirate Bay. But I didn't upload any torrent to The Pirate Bay. I only use Mininova, Meganova, Torrentspy and Demonoid. I use the trackers that Mininova and Meganova tells me to use, and of course the demonoid tracker address.

If I delete this tracker from the list of trackers in the torrent, should work? Or is a wrong thing do this? Or should I login to The Pirate Bay for this torrent to work?

Or is because I am uploading copyrighted music, and for this reason is blocked?

Mininova is a torrent index site, not a torrent tracker. Torrents on Mininova can use any tracker, including TPB. If it's down, but you have other trackers, then you can just ignore the errors. If it's your only tracker, you're just going to have to be patient, or you're going to have to find a torrent from another tracker.

• 3 years later...

Archived