Utorrent keeping old torrents in appdata/roaming folder?

quaternions

Utorrent is keeping all my old torrent files (from websites) in the appdata/roaming folder. Why is it doing this? I haven't set it to do so and don't want it to do so. I haven't checked the "Storage for torrents" check box or selected a folder. I know i can delete them manually, but i'd prefer it if utorrent did so. Am i missing a setting somewhere? I have utorrent 1.6.1 and windows vista.

Bit confused. Why do clients keep .torrents for files that have finished downloading and been removed from the list in utorrent. I could understand them keeping current .torrents for reference.

There is a button in > preferences > other > called "clear private data" i assume this will clear those torrents? I don't want to press it in case i toast my current downloads.

I get it now. I thought "delete .torrent and data" was for removing the torrent from the list in utorrent and the files in the download folder. I've only ever used that option to remove downloads that don't complete. So .torrents for everything i've completed are still there. Cheers.

• 1 year later...

You need to browse through it and either sort by "Last Access" date or manually check one by one what is still there which you don't want to be.

I guess alternatively you could do a full re-add of everything in Appdata... after backing up. How many extra torrents are we talking? I've got a friend with 4000 torrents and it only takes up like 120 MiB of space.

Archived