Prevent uTorrent from sending data on known service ports

RonV

I know there are a lot of ISP's out there that will block or traffic shape BitTorrent traffic but on my network I traffic shape to keep internet applications from taking bandwidth away from VOIP and other high priorty traffic.

What I am finding that sometime uTorrent will make an outbound connection on port 80. In my QOS rules I have outbound port 80 to be given a "High" priority for the first 512 KB of data and then low priority for the remaining time the connection is open. Normally all BitTorrent traffic is assgned to "Bulk" status wich is given anything that is left over.

When using port 80 it competes with other internet activies assinged to this bandwidth class. I also found that uTorrent was using 443 for SSL which is applicable to my bandwidth rules.

Is there anyway to setup uTorrent not to make outbound connections on these ports? I want to make sure that every connection falls into my "Bulk" bandwidth queue.

Thanks...already set to true but found a few connections to port 80 last night....this setting based on documentation only seems to effect port 25 and 110. Maybe they should add port 80 and 443 to the list since a lot of QOS engines look for file transfers on these ports...

Another option may be that this option could define not use the well published ports of 1-1023...everything outside of this range would be fair game....

Archived