NAT error / transfer settings

eugen

Hello,

I like this client because is very small and needs no install. But I would like to ask two questions:

I'm behind a NAT (my ip is 192.168.x.x) and the ISP does NOT forward for me some ports (I cannot configure it myself and he does not answer my emails about that) - so I get still the message "NAT error" but the download runs... but still very slowly (approx 5 KB/s, peak about max 40) - so when I had some ports forwarded to me, would be the speed greater (withou the NAT error then)?

And then I have limited the upload speed to max 5 KB/s (because my download is still around that number and I don't want to upload at 60-70 and down 10x slower...) - is this upload limit also limiting my download speed?

And finally... I read in the FAQ that the settings are stored in %userprofile%\application data\utorrent ... so I tried to transfer my partial download to other windows installation, copied also those settings to the other windows - but when i run there the utorrent.exe ... the window with download queues was empty... and i could not resume them... can you help me, what to do (the directory with utorrent.exe does not contain any other files).

Thank you for help.

Hello,

thanks for answer. It is just interesting that even with those port not forwarded the upload runs still better than download. I tried for a while to turn off the upload limit and this is what I got

graph.gif

To have the port forwarded I have to ask it from my ISP, but I think he doesn't know to do it and also doesn't want too much... but maybe some time :(

And about transferring the settings... I copied the whole

F:\Documents and Settings\ujo\Application Data\uTorrent\

to

G:\Documents and Settings\ujo\Application Data\uTorrent\

(two windows xp installations on the same hdd, same username) and it made nothing... (when i run the utorrent under the second "new" windows, the downloads list was empty...)

Archived