No outgoing connections, only incoming?!!

Falcon4

Hey... odd of me to be posting a "WTF?" topic, eh?

I've got a big problem. uTorrent on my laptop can only accept incoming connections. Oddly enough, under Statistics, it shows for example 12 connections, but even with DHT disabled those connections aren't going towards torrents. No torrents start work at all until they receive incoming connections.

There aren't any tcp/ip events being set off in the event log, so it's not overrunning the SP2 unfinished connections thingy, but it's still not connecting to anyone. I have PeerGuardian installed because uTorrent's ip filter is shit, and it's always worked great. I also have it disabled or exited and it still does the same thing.

Web browsing is also somewhat laggy but I don't have any connection issues there. The router isn't the problem, because the other 5 or 6 computers on my network use the internet without a hitch. It's got to be on my laptop. Is there any way to check for drivers trying to screw with my TCP/IP system?

kekekekeke. XD

Nah, I'm trying to avoid that. :P

----

stupid "no double posts" shit

----

Well, I hackishly solved the problem by running lvllord's tcpip.sys patch and bumping it from 10 to 100, then setting uTorrent's settings to 80 halfopen connections. The default setting apparently sucked ass. Maybe it constantly kept retrying the same dead peers? Immediately after blowing the top off the halfopen limit, connections started connecting like crazy.

I also re-ordered my network adapter priority (network connections folder -> advanced -> advanced settings) to put my LAN connection highest. That really gave a boost back to my web browsing as well.

All is well in the world, and it didn't take a reformat. :P

Archived