Weird uTorrent & Peerguardian 2 problem

HoochieMamma

For some reason with uTorrent 1.2 and Peerguardian 2 has a problem for me. For some reason (posibly because of the DHT announcing) Peerguardian 2 SKYROCKETS with the amount of IP addresses it starts to filter. Like >100 ever couple of seconds. Anyone else expiriencing such a problem?

edit: And for some reason Peerguairdian STILL has this problem even when I close uTorrent (100's of ip addresses being filtered).

I get that with a certain weekly torrent I DL, MediaSentry trying like crazy to connect :) Like I care...It only seems to be with this one TV show, which is bizarre considering the show. Can't say which one, obviously, but the budget for other shows must be about 10 times the size, don't know why they care about this one so much.

Anyway, if PG's telling you about it, then it's handled it. Just let it do it's job, and try not to worry too much. After you close µTorrent, they'll give up eventually.

haven't seen it yet

but the clients keep trying to connect even after you close whatever BT client you use...some for hours...that's the BT Network for you ;)

-DG

Yeah, is that normal?

It's becuase the problem now is the amount is ALOT more then it used to be (could be because of the DHT) and it causes my PC to lag a little with the mouse as it' tryign so hard to filter out so many Ip addresses. But it might also have something to do with the beta of Kaspersy 2006. I'll have to do more testing.

You must be using either fake torrents, or torrents where the anti-P2P groups are actively trying to monitor or poison.

Nah, no fake torrents. And all the connections are in the "Allowed" state. So no anti-p2p people trying anything :/

edit: Ohhh I love how everyone in my peer list using uTorrent have all simultaniously updated to 1.2. I love the update feature.

edit 2: Doesn't seem to be happening now, it was really bad the other day though.

Yarrr, I don't have it logging anything. It was a problem before but seems to be alright now. :/ I'll see how a couple of days makes a difference

why you keep getting blocks even after you close down µTorrent is because of the tracker has a badly made setup. Go to phoenixlabs.org forum and search for ghost packets, you should find posts made by r00ted that explains it more.

Depending on the content you are distributing, it might not be a good idea to toggle off "Log Allowed Connections" as those logs can aide if you get in trouble. But you can definately turn off/disable "Show Allowed connections".

And yea, the huge logs are related to the UDP packets and DHT :( I dont know the exact terminoly, but since it's connectionless, there is faster processing of UDP packets, so they all get logged.

In the upcoming release, there will be better history/log management (70-80% log filesize decrease).

Keep your eyes peeled, and ears open :)

Also, there appears to be some duplication bug in the "Archive" and "Archive and Remove" code, so for the time being, it might be best to turn off those options, and set pg2 to "Do Nothing", by doing this, all of your logs will be in 1 place, the history.db :)

because of the tracker has a badly made setup

after chatting it up with some tracker developers, I dont think it's a matter of a poorly configured tracker, but more related to peers not dropping the DHT peer info, after the peer disconnects.

For example, after 3 weeks now, I'm still seeing BT connections on my router/firewall, that are pointed at my BT Port. The last torrents I've used at the twit.tv torrents....so I really don't know if it's the twit.tv tracker, or one/more of the peers, on that tracker, that aren't removing me from their peer list...so my IP must keep getting spread around, even though Im not connected to the swarm, lol.

Archived