µTorrent isn't listening to me

panoptican

So at some point during the night, µTorrent decided ignore my queue settings and download/seed far more torrents than I have set in preferences. The max number of active torrents I have is 7 and the max number downloading is 4. Right now, there are 119 downloading and 139 total active. I thought about restarting µTorrent, but the last time I did that, I lost all my torrents. Also, it's really slow all of the sudden (5 kb/sec slow). Never had a problem before as I only download "popular" torrents with tons of seeders/leachers (for instance, OpenOffice) and also my firewall/router settings are perfect. I'm usually getting 250 KB/sec using µTorrent. Yesterday, I added a ton of torrents so I guess I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it (the most torrents I had loaded before was 20 or so, right now I have nearly 200 torrents downloading/seeding). I looked back through 5 pages of archives and couldn't find anything related... Any ideas?

it's impossible to move any file while it's running..

I think he meant he moved the .exe file that was being downloaded, not the program .exe. You CAN do that, of course at your peril.

But the problem of losing all torrents that are not seeding every time one shuts µTorrent 1.2 down remains a real pain in the ass.

Archived