µTorrent 1.7 beta 2951

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to say this, but the newest beta is causing BSODs with strange "memory management" errors on my pc every 2-3 hours... I went back to stable 1.6, no more BSODs. Since utorrent is the only soft running on my PC atm, I can only think that there is a bug regarding to memory management in the beta. I have an AMD Athlon X2 with XP SP2 Pro (32bit), 1GB ram, hope you can figure this bug out, thanks.

Using UPnP DHT doesn't work for me. UPnP is working correctly and I get the green icon. Testing the port says it is open.

I just get DHT: 0 nodes (Login)

DHT: Waiting to login

If I then manually open the port in my router, DHT works correctly and the node count increases.

If I then then take away the manual opening of the port, the node count drops to zero over a short space of time.

TheSacredSoul,

Even if it was an accidental or intentional problem on your end, do you have any idea what was triggering the problem?

(Like: some other program crashed, you firewalled µTorrent with a settings change in your antivirus, windows updates interfered somehow?)

It was my computer. Nothing was wrong with utorrent at all. I couldnt post in forums, cant vist websites.

I get "connection is reset" error messages in firefox 2.0.0.3. I have to refresh the page like 4 times to get the page to load. IE was worse. Couldn't even load one page. I restarted my computer (not my router) and everything works fine. I am thinking the router somehow crashed the wifi connection with my laptop.

New beta with DHT "improvements" keeps announcing via DHT every few seconds. It says "Announcing...", gets few peers, changes to "Announce in 0 minutes" and announces again, over and over...

Or maybe "better DHT ping for BT node discovery" made DHT so awesome that devs decided to announce nonstop?

And yes, DHT is really announcing, not just an inteface bug or smth, way too many UDP packets here.

@thexfile

yea i am using Vista too. I was downloading a torrent ( approx 1gb) and was getting speeds like 15kBps as there were nt many seeds. I decided to leave my laptop on. When i came back 8 hours later, i got this problem. I figured something to do with overheating or something. Seems other users also get this problem.

TheSacredSoul: I am running 4 torrents right now, of which 1 is from demonoid and it's the one performing best (roughly 50/50) although it has the lowest priority. While none of the other perform half as good.

My connection is supposed to have been upgraded from 4/2 Mb/s to 6/3 Mb/s from 1 May but now I wonder if they didn't turned the wheel in the wrong direction feeling more like I have a 2/1 but it might have to do with other peers as well. The demonoid one has quite many peers while the others rather few.

I just survived from a major hear attack. I had a sudden BSOD. When I restarted, I cant connect to my wireless internet. It keep saying Connected but Limited Connectivity. After battling with the problem for 4 hours, I went into safe mode and deleted P2PNETSH.DLL coz thats the dll file I downloaded 2 days a ago. I needed that for the TCPIP patcher. Now it seems all fine.

you should only be seeing it once... if you keep seeing it, then you're doing something wrong

-- Smoovious

Hi,

Um, not sure what you mean by that. uTorrent exits fine just like it should every time. By the way, I only get this once during every Windows session. That is, between system reboots. I think the issue is being caused caused by Windows Vista itself.

Thanks,

Will

war59312: are you changing network cards or any sort of system configuration often? perhaps you're sharing a settings.dat between two computers?

Hi,

Nope, neither. I think Vista is causing the issue. I am using this wireless adapter:

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1115416826820&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper

And this router:

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1148435315453&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=1545339789B03

As stated above this only happens once during each Windows session. So it seems Vista is changing something on every system reboot which is causing this problem. :(

Take Care,

Will

I might have found a small little bug. It seems like the download limit (and maybe upload) doesn't take affect when uT starts. I had it set to 500k and it was running at 550k - 600k. It droped back down to 500k after I right clicked the tray icon and picked 500k again though.

Archived