µTorrent 1.7 beta 2951

Firon

Eh? Where'd you get those numbers from?

I cant track the site down. while looking for it, I found that you might be right. the numbers seem to be lower.. sry.

Additional RSS problem :

3. in "released" tab - downloads that are being rejected (due to errors/same-file etc) seem to be marked/checked with the "downloaded" blue sign...

we really need a "download failed" sign! something like this: sm-failed.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uPnP fails for me, and always has done. I've figured out how/why, I have 2 NIC's in my machine, one for the Internet and another connects to a seperate network (this NIC's settings has no Gateway or DNS just an IP and Subnet).

Seems that uTorrent is looking on that connection, as soon as I disable or unplug it uTorrent finds my uPnP router.

Is there any way around this?

net.bind_ip and net.outgoing_ip

1137 seems to have fixed the UPnP problems I was having with the previous 2 betas, but it still seems to not use a true "random" port at startup (see my post #229). The manual randomize button does give various ports, but startup ports always seem to be low (2000-4000) "generic use" numbers.

This behavior is intentional, as it uses port 0, which tells Windows to allocate a port in the ephemeral port range (default 1024-5000).

I don't get it. uPnp still doesn't work for me, and my network is pretty simple (1 NIC, WRT54G running Tomato)

I understand utorrent tries to control uPnP directly. Maybe utorrent should use the API for uPnP (if the OS supports it). Bitcomet & Azureus use it and they just work.

Azureus rolls their own too AFAIK; the API is XP+-only AFAIK as well.

Anyway - please don't let it frustrate you and try to be as descriptive as possible so we can fix the issues, thanks!

EDIT: Again, please post the relevant part of your log - ESPECIALLY when dealing with UPNP; thanks!

This behavior is intentional, as it uses port 0, which tells Windows to allocate a port in the ephemeral port range (default 1024-5000).

Is there any reason why 1.6.1 would startup with "real" random ports (up to 65000+) then? And if the randomize button can allocate ANY port number later, why not allocate the same numbers at startup?

And is it just me, or do the UPnP ports NOT get unmapped on exit??? I can start up WireShark & check the network packets to my DG834GT modem to discover the difference between 1.6.1 (that does work) and the beta.

Trev

wormhole it's 5 (five) for Vista Home Basic and 10 (ten) for Home Premium, Business, Enterprise and Ultimate. I have sent Firon a link with a patch for Vista, but I am sure he hasn't looked over it or posted somewhere where all the people can benefit of it.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/04/09/windows-vista-tcpipsys-connection-limit-patch-for-event-id-4226/ .

I have some bugs with UPnP: like tjohns ports NOT get unmapped on exit. My router is a Netgear 834G. With stable version it works like it should.

Also I'm connected to my friend's LAN and uTorrent maps a port on both my router and my friend's router:

my lan<-->my router (with my adsl)<---->his router (with his adsl)<-->his lan

Thanks

usually, the two routers cannot be connected together... if they are, you should assign different DHCP range for each router, or better yet - give a static IP and router gateway to each PC. Even so I'm not sure it will work... you should be a router with two WAN ports for proper load balancing.

And tt is best for you both to buy one ADSL package with twice the capacity...

Sorry I don't have time to read through much of the thread so I don't know if this has been reported yet. With utorrent 1.7b1355 after sometime of use, the program just stop downloading. The GUI's still responsive but the info in it and the download are stopped. This happens today is the first time and it's random I think. I'm using Vista Business.

- Fix: uTorrent client names of later versions are now displayed properly in the peers tab

It doesn't seem so.

If µTorrent connects to certain peers using v1.6 it shows them as "µTorrent 1.5"

If I use peerid of one of those peers in my script and connect to µTorrent, it shows the same peerid as "µTorrent/1.6.0.0"

logger tab:

[01:15:15] 84.15.68.240 : [µTorrent/1.6.0.0]: Handshake completed

[01:15:15] 84.32.60.145 : [µTorrent/1.6.0.0]: Handshake completed

[01:15:15] 88.119.46.252 : [µTorrent/1.6.0.0]: Handshake completed

[01:15:17] 88.222.65.154 : [µTorrent/1.6.0.0]: Handshake completed

[01:15:17] 88.118.246.223 : [µTorrent/1.6.0.0]: Handshake completed

[01:15:17] 88.118.35.99 : [µTorrent/1.6.0.0]: Handshake completed

84.15.68.240 µTorrent 1.5

84.32.60.145 µTorrent 1.5

88.119.46.252 µTorrent 1.5

88.222.65.154 µTorrent 1.5

88.118.246.223 µTorrent 1.5

88.118.35.99 µTorrent 1.5

84.15.68.240 - "-UT1600-ÚÝný°©' " 2D5554313630302DDA81DD196EFDB08105A99120

88.118.35.99 - "-UT1600-Ún܆K£ø#ì|5" 2D5554313630302DDA816EDC864BA3F823EC7C35

I was too lazy to get other peerids and I don't think they're important.

Edit:

Also, Bits on Wheels uses stupid peerid and µTorrent parses it wrong.

Old BitComet's peerid (exbc...) is parsed as BitComet/00xx, new one (-BC/xxxx-...) is parsed as BitComet/0.0.x.x. IMO there should be one way to write all client versions, not three...

BitLord's peerid (exbc..LORD...) could be parsed as BitLord, but who cares :)

I also have the UPnP bug. I have tried it on 2 computers:

Computer 1: Windows XP. Connected directly to a Buffalo WHR-HP-54G, running Tomato 1.06. UPnP fails I get

[time] Unable to map UPnP port.

[time] Unable to map NAT-PMP port.

Using UTorroent 1.61 works perfectly.

The second computer is running Vista Ulimate

Connected wirelessly to the WHR-HP-G54. Exact same symptoms. I haven't loaded UTorrent 1.61 on the machine to see if it solves the problems.

When are we going to get a traffic limiter per day? Me personaly only wants to cause 2gb of traffic per day, other people may want to cause 500mb up, 1gb down or others may want 1000gb up, 500down per day. Its not difficult to implement and having to use external programms for this sucks...

Archived