µTorrent 1.7 beta 2951

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will not be made true by default. You aren't suffering either, as local peers are on your LAN (or should be), so they aren't affected by WAN bandwidth restrictions.

Lucifer: pay more attention to the changelogs. We added an option to prevent RSS from auto-starting downloads.

Lucifer: pay more attention to the changelogs. We added an option to prevent RSS from auto-starting downloads.

Hmm? My problem isn't about v1.7 won't auto start RSS downloads but it doesn't redownload the failed torrent. I know in several earlier v1.7 beta builds included the option to NOT auto start RSS downloads, i was just saying that the last build before that was implemented happens to be v1.5.1 b439. I don't need RSS to start automatically since i have little free hard disk space.

Older versions don't redownload failed torrents either, so there's no reason to stick to older ones.

Although, this was supposed to have been fixed in build 1355, so if you tested it on a recent build and it wasn't working, then that needs to be looked into again.

@ Lucifer: I don't think that tracker is blocking 1.7, since I have been able to successfully announce with the provided torrent. It seems like there could be general problems with HTTP requests that occur in certain states with your configuration (that I haven't been able to reproduce).

@ Lucifer: we'd still like to track down this problem, as the forum user base is just a small subset of the overall user base, and this problem could easily be occurring for many others out there. If you could give us the latest build that works properly with that .torrent for you, as well as the oldest build that fails, we can look at changes one-by-one to try and find possible culprits.

I'm on Vista Business 32bit and 1.7 build 2899. I placed utorrent in "C:\Program Files\uTorrent" but utorrent keeps moving itself to the directory: "C:\Users\<user>\Program Files\uTorrent"

What is the reason for this? Is there a way I can override it?

Running Vista 32-bit, was find with every build until 2899, first crashed ~5 mins after, gave me an option to send a dmp log to utorrent and I clicked yes, after I opened again got a Nod32 error so I added it to exceptions and restarted. Got 2 more "uTorrent has stopped working" crashes within about 10 mins after that without a choice to send a dmp log. Back to 2740 and working fine...

hi

i got a warning when starting uTorrent (1.7 b2922) from my usbstick:

[09:40:42] NOTE: Settings file found in directory of executable, but user does not have write permissions; using APPDATA path instead.

I do have writepermission to the directory.

if i start uTorrent 1.6.1 from the same directory everything is working right.

if i copy the folder to c:\ everything is working (with both versions).

i think this is since version 1.7 b2733.

Jay

Archived