µTorrent 1.7 beta 2951

Firon

Dunno what happened between build 1065 and build 1137, but UPnP is broken for me again. It works flawlessly with 1065, but nothing I've tried will get it to work with 1137. However, my computer passes Microsoft's router evaluation and the UPnPTest application that's floating around. No changes are made between evaluation 1065 and 1137.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the zero (random) port problem too. I don't thinks it's just a display issue, as it doesn't seem to try mapping ANY port at all. Hitting the randomize button forces a new number in & everythings fine after that. Also in 1137, when I exit uTorrent (from File menu or right-click tray icon) it doesn't unmap the uPNP port it was using. Re-randomizing the port during a session DOES close the old before generating a new one though. Might have been in previous beta as well, as I recall seeing extra ports left open before.

Okay, seems like I might be the only one with this unique problem..

Using Build 1111, normal version.

I'm running on 768 RAM, I was running µTorrent all night. Woke up, my free Ram was somewhere around 268.. (Normal rate is usually 350 - 400). I quit Object Dock, and Rainmeter, still face the same problem. I exit µTorrent, and the Free Ram jumps back up to 440.

This never happened with 1.6.1

There is something with these new versions and private trackers. It doesn't seem like they like each other. First, they see the tracker, response is positive for download, then they don't connect. On one tracker..on another one they connect after a minute. For a particular reason I lost the connection to a private tracker. What does µTorrent do? It stops downloading...

This beta version doesn't connect to peers on some private trackers.

[14:13:53]  81.18.207.x   : Disconnect: Duplicate ID[14:13:53]  82.143.155.x  : Disconnect: Duplicate ID[14:13:55]  82.143.154.x  : Disconnect: Duplicate ID[14:13:58]  89.200.228.x  : Disconnect: Duplicate ID

The ID can't be duplicate, because there are 0 peers connected.

BTW I noticed that unpacked version uses a bit more RAM but thats it's something about 100KB at startup maybe because of the unpacking :P But yeah I think that you should start to distribute the unpacked version instead it takes 2x more space but that's nothing even for older computers :P

I'm not understanding why the amount of memory µTorrent starts up with makes such a big deal to users, especially considering the minor difference it makes (if any -- I personally haven't seen any difference). In the end, µTorrent will use the same amount of memory.

The only reason I can see not to use PECompact is if it causes problems for users, but so far, no one's really brought up a bug of that nature :\

Disclaimer: I'm not someone who simply says "get more RAM," otherwise, I wouldn't be using µTorrent, Opera, or foobar2000. It's just that looking for a difference of just a few kilobytes of memory is a bit over-doing it, no?

downloaded build 1137

uPnP enabled within the app.

running vista ultimate

network discovery enabled

Linksys WRT54GS v6

uPnP enabled

uPnP mapping failed.

it seems a few other users are having the same issue with the newest version as well.

did I miss anything in my configuration?

dont know if this has been reported before. in the add dialog of uT 1.7 build 1137, holding down shift key and select files won't do range selection like it used to be.

Yes, it's been reported before. They're working on it.

@DV2: Nothing wrong here with Kaspersky.

Edit: Quote added (since it's a new page)

I have uT:1137, Windows XP SP2, and a generic ISP router. UPnP works perfectly, although it will take, on average, 10min to detect the router after uTorrent is started.

Also, I'd really like a way to "export" a torrent file I'm currently downloading, including trackers. Since I have a portable hard drive, and I will get multiple torrent files, begin download the first, and add the trackers from the others. Now if I move the external drive from my desktop to my notebook, I need to re download all the torrent files. I've tried setting the "save .torrent files to folder" in the settings, but this hasn't worked for me, at least with the beta.

~R

Archived