µTorrent 1.7 beta 2951

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to interrupt, but I don't quite like one feature. It's automatic .torrent extension associating. I mean, it's not that µTorrent is the only BitTorrent client we use (2 µTs at time) and changing back the .torrent extension every time you open µT is quite annoying...

Normally it doesn't mess up. Sometimes it does (a new beta build combined with certain settings or an outside influence) and deleting it and start afresh in those cases is only a minor nuisance compared to trying to create a fix-all-posible-problems-that-could-occur-to-the-settings-files functionality. We like to say that this Beta is 'stable' and its only a matter of time before there will be a official 1.7 stable but the reality is that using beta's can cause (mostly minor) problems as this thread demonstrates. Prevent/cleaning up the mess is secondary to fixing the actual bugs and tuning the new functionalities.

I'm sure the 1.7 final will have a neigh-to-nil chance of messing up the settings

Hi folks, I just got two crashes with the latest build (2448) while trying to disable and enable the scheduler, respectively. I'm not sure what kind of information you need to check this out, but I've put up the DrWatson log excerpts here and here - please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. :)

FWIW, BTW, the build was grabbed and installed by the automatic updater (so I'm not sure which of the three versions it is).

Okay maybe I should have been more specific... When a tracker in a tier fails it should try the next tracker in the list and stop if it gets an ok. While it should do this for each tier for each announce. Well it fails on the first tracker in a tier and stops.... rather than trying the next one in the tier...

Okay it seems it works but just takes a long time to get to the next one. IE the icon turns red and stayed there for a long time and later when I checked it had gone to the next tracker.

Archived