µTorrent 1.7 beta 2951

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Vista x64 and the installation create the path to copy µtorrent "C:\Users\Edtech\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent\" and not "C:\Program files (x86)\uTorrent\".

With Windows XP, the path is correct.

A x64 version is envisaged ? (with install path "C:\Program files\uTorrent\" ^^)

The tracker's error isn't display in the log tab. I make my own tracker and it's no easy to debug without a correct error log.

Thanks for you job :)

Ok, but the installation must activated the UAC, and next, the installation completed correctly, doesn't it ?

If I copy the utorrent.exe in "C:\Program files (x86)\uTorrent\", when I run it, it moves the exe to "C:\Users\Edtech\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent\". No matter to fix it ?

Why don't use an install like NSIS if it is a problem ?

OK, I tried "no" when it asked install, and after it's correct. But it's not very understable, and I must create myself the shortcut.

I don't tried remove all configuration's files before, and can't confirmed that the .lng are correctly copy to the AppData of the user account.

For the update, an activation of the UAC when you tell "yes" would be a good idea, and next, restart µtorrent in user mode.

Yes, finally! I got uTorrent working perfectly under WINE again. Thanks developers, for fixing the bug that was yesterday "non-existent" and unrecreatable.

Actually could the developers tell me what needs to be changed in WINE, so this problem will not occur again? It would be much appreciated.

bigred: the option implies it will check for updates automatically. It does not imply it will update the program automatically. So no need to rename the feature. But yes I would like to see the program autoupdate too.

Again, to nitpick, under utorrent preferences>general, the update option there states "Check for updates automatically." Under Preferences>Other the update option says "Auto-update to beta versions." The first obviously states that its automatically checking for updates, while the second states its automatically updating to beta versions. I guess since there is no universal definition to the term "auto-update" but IMO it means, download and install the latest update automatically.

But since I am the only one who seems to think this, I'll just stand by my second request of a second option to do it all automatically with no dialogs.

People its both the exact same thing.

The server is contacted to see if there is a new version, the user will be asked to update and it downloads the new version and overwrites the old version with it. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to call this an 'auto-update' and/or a 'check for updates automatically' feature. Both terms easily apply to the functions workings and thus are indistinguishable.

'Auto-update' does not imply there will be no user input at all. For instance it is fairly common to (and does in this case) mean only the update process itself (in this case the download of the new exe, the overwriting of the old and the restart of µtorrent).

So, please stop the bickering over the politically, morally, physically, psychologically, grammatically and ethically most correct wording of the feature (at least in this thread) :)

One question, is it normal to have the rss failing to download a torrent and you have to restart µT to redownload it and update the feed?

When µT fails to download a torrent, it logs the failed attempt which is a good thing. The problem is that tokyosho is working fine at that moment and i can download it from their website directly. µT just wouldn't update the feed after one failed attempt. Restarting µT won't do unless the IP address is changed, i'm on dynamic IP by the way.

Could the developers find out what's wrong? This happens to all v1.7 beta builds and the only feed i have is tokyotosho.

Then mine's broken cause a manual update doesn't work as well, it needs a restart. µT does try to update the feed after each 15 minutes which is what i've set, but the feed isn't updated even though tokyotosho released some new torrents which match my filters.

If i'm the only one having this problem, guess it's time to go back to v1.5. The memory usage has been quite high in the v1.7 beta builds and i'm just uploading 1 torrent with 45KBps. The screenshot is taken after 2 hours.

0000up3.th.png

Archived