µTorrent 1.7 beta 2951

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a little question. How does local peer discovery work on uTorrent? I'm behind router with ip 192.168.*.* but router itself is connected to LAN with ip's from 10.120.*.*

Will uTorrent find peers from LAN(10.120.*.* ones)?

I just installed the 1.7 beta, and the percentage in the graphical progress bar became larger than before (and too large for its area). Probably because I'm using Large Fonts (120 DPI):

largepercentagezg6.png

Similarly, the "Transfer", "Tracker" and "General" headings in the torrent information tab got larger than before. But since they are headings, this looks almost natural. My guess is that those areas are using point-based heights, while the rest of the interface is using pixel-based sizes.

By the way, while my system font is Segoe UI, µTorrent seems to be hardcoded to use Tahoma. Couldn't that be changed also? :D

How auto-update is supposed to work? I have it enabled but it doesn't seem to do much...

Of course theres has to be a new version to update. And of course you make sure that you are not blocked by a firewall or NAT (I guess).

It worked fine for me when updating to b1875.

btw - the "3x22-" format looks a bit 'incomplete'/un-intuitive to me... I imagined that they change it so it will support something like 3X01-4x24 ... (instead of 3X01-24) in other words => instead of S1xEP1-EP2 -> S1xEP1-S2xEP2.

what do you think ? and they still can ...

... and it's not so easy to check that this long-term range actually works...

I suggested something like that a long time ago, but I think it got lost somewhere in the mish-mash of thousands of feature requests. In short, I agree with you. Can they do it? Probably -- I can't imagine why not. Would they do it for the next release? Who knows -- probably only Richard can answer that :P

Edit: Regarding testing... just make a fake RSS feed and "host" it using webui or HTTP File Server or something.

I have a little question. How does local peer discovery work on uTorrent? I'm behind router with ip 192.168.*.* but router itself is connected to LAN with ip's from 10.120.*.*

Will uTorrent find peers from LAN(10.120.*.* ones)?

Most probably not. I have similar configuration, but since I've got an access to the first router I'd love to know all the local peer discovery specs and what new NAT rules to add which would allow local peer protocol to work in my outer LAN network.

hmmm again:

---------------------------

A instrução no "0x773c1dcc" fez referência à memória no "0x000eb5f8". A memória não pôde ser "read".

---------------------------

in eng: the adrress at "0x773c1dcc" did a mem. ref. in "0x000eb5f8". the memory couldn't be "read"

*edit: will try this new 1875, the crash was @ 1825

*edit2: back to 1703 (1825 & 1875 have invasion issue )

Ultima editted:

Edit: Regarding testing... just make a fake RSS feed and "host" it using webui or HTTP File Server or something.

...too much for me... I'll have to wait till the next season of 24... why don't you try it... ;)

B 1875 :

possible problem with RSS using smart EP:

* in the case that two or more different episodes are currently on different feeds, it should download both . It seems like it only download both if it scans the feed with the older one first. If, by any chance, it scanned the feed with the newer one first - it will not download the older one.

And a suggestion if I may : add support for the format me & Ultima have mentioned above -"S1EP1-S2EP2" ...

As I understand for things like episode filtering usually regular expressions are used. Can you provide ability for advanced users to change the regular expression for given rss? And if it would be perl style (or some subset) regexp that would be totally cool!

And the question about lan peer discovery is still open...

if you ask me - expressions are 'too much' for episodes' order detection ... and we have pseudo expressions in the filter itself anyways.

But the other small thing Ultima suggested (also before...) seems only logical. I'm sure they will now listen and implement (coming from the chief RSS bugger/tester here...)

I'd like to have the RSS thing to have regexp matching too, and for the releases tab to show the original name rather than the parsed one (difficult to create good filters without looking at the RSS feed with something else). The parser currently discards a lot of useful information (at least, it is useful to me).

(Edit: Probably the wrong place for requesting this, but since the RSS thing seems to be constant topic here...)

Archived