µTorrent 1.7 beta 2951

Firon

Thanks for the uncompressed version!

It uses less memory because in compressed .exe, the OS has to load up the entire file into memory in order to decompress. With uncompressed files it just loads what it needs. I get 2MB versus 4+ before. Thanks again!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...I have Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 and it's using way less memory than before. Less than 10 MB with 4 active torrents. Before it used to be 20+. It seems that the unpacked version is the real deal for less footprint. In my opinion, µTorrent is famous for it's small footprint and small size, but there should be an unpacked version available for download. Just in my opinion, of course. I like it so far.

By the way, I have no problem with hash checking here.

Also, I have just seen a cute behavior: when maximizing, then minimizing, µTorrent frees some RAM. Such a good idea to have this thing implemented.

Didn't you correct cache limit problem which mentioned here :-?

This bug has not been fixed yet.

Just a heads, up on the µtorrent home page the release date for this version is "March 5" Its April 5.

Fixed that some hours ago.

Newbie question: Is NAT-PMP an implementation of a seperate protocol or should a Upnp router also be able to do this? Is it an: either/or option (yes or no forwarded)? I get only the Nat-PMP error, Upnp works fine.

NAT-PMP is a separate protocol, but it does the same thing as UPnP.

FadeToBlack: I run Windows 2003 Server (32-bit) and I noticed no memory difference in the various unpacked builds I've tested...

And it's always freed memory when minimizing.

Firon, I haven't noticed until now that it frees memory when it's minimized. A great idea though :).

Well, all I can say is that the memory consumption is lower than before. Probably, it's not noticeable on high speeds. It's always a good idea to run it unpacked. By definition packing means unpacking :).

Found crash on uTorrent 1.7 beta 1085.

crashondeletedtorrentef0.th.jpg

Reprosteps:

- Add a torrent and complete the torrent (see pic)

- Close uTorrent after completing the torrent

- delete the .torrent file used for download

- restart uTorrent and click on the "torrent not found message" torrent

~ c r a s h :|

This is reproducable everytime here.

When I download a torrent I usually have non-workable trackers and I delete those. Or I have trackers I'm not interested in and I don't want those. Afterwards it seems like µTorrent is disconnecting some of the peers. I haven't noticed this kind of behavior in 490.

"Shouldn't the checkboxes should be all checked by default when you add a new torrent? So you don't have to press Select all everytime. "

This is exactly what should happen - For some reason I'm getting a 404 with the public release but ours have been doing it for a while. I guess you could try nuking your settings file/uninstalling and see if that helps

The ? (question mark) button tests displays the last time the filter matched a torrent. It also displays the last 4 torrents matched (if any) and any currently-matching torrents from all applicable feeds. This can be used to double-check your filter.

/me goes off to test 1.6.1 and 1.6...

"And when you are checking a few files in a folder the square should be grey instead of white so you know that all files in it are not selected."

Natively, Windows doesn't support treeviews with 3-state checkboxes with treeviews; if you have IE 4.0 generally we want to support native checkboxes.

If IE4 isn't installed, does it fall back to the native behavior, though? The way things are in µTorrent, IE4 is required to make use of several features in µTorrent, such as the toolbar, graphs in the pieces and files tab, and double-clicking in the torrent jobs list.

Edit @ tjobo: FWIW, the ? button seems to be working for me in 1.7 beta... Are you sure you clicked on a favorite before clicking the ? button?

alus

ShaQ: Can't reproduce that. Can you submit a crash dump?

Tell me how and I will do ...

Ultima

@ShaQ: alus just fixed the bug

So, is the dump still needed?

Update:

- I did a reboot - bug is reproducable.

- build is uTorrent 1.7 beta 1085

Is there a newer version out?

@kokobaroko

I can verify checkboxes with the treeview works on Win95, and it should fall back to a different implementation if IE4 is not installed (thus still working - and by that I mean I tested on Win95 WITHOUT IE4)

@tjobo

Good to hear! Although, it is still odd that it needed to be done. It should also remember your preference - i.e. if you selected none one time the next time it should select none instead of all (from the respective button)

> file icon borked

Yes, you need to provide your own now, as we don't have a default one yet - just put an icon named "maindoc.ico" in your representive %APPDATA%/uTorrent folder

this is what I get under wine set to w98, w95, 2000 and XP

http://files.myopera.com/rasz/utor/Screenshot-1.png

file icon shows up after clicking the place where the checkbox was supposed to be drawn

http://files.myopera.com/rasz/utor/Screenshot.png

I just need confirmation if its utorrent (some hackish use of windows API?) or wine.

and this is with dirr and some files

http://files.myopera.com/rasz/utor/1Screenshot.png

I'm having an odd problem with one private tracker I'm a member of... it worked fine in 1.6.1 but no longer with the beta. I add a torrent, it scrapes OK and shows the number of seeds, peers, etc.. but it won't start downloading. For some reason it won't connect to ANY of the peers, even though they're connectible and I'm connectible.

AFAIK it's not banned, as I'm not getting a client banned message.. the tracker status is "working".

Other private sites work fine and public sites as well.

This beta isn't having any success with UPnP on my Linksys WRT54GX4 router.

[23:29:37] Unable to map UPnP Port.

[23:29:37] Unable to map NAT-PMP Port.

uTorrent v1.6.1 experienced no such problems. In one instance, v1.7 Beta 1092 reported that it found the router and mapped the port but the uTorrent port checker did not confirm my IP address as being connectable and neither did any of the private tracker sites that I'm connected to.

Archived