µTorrent 1.7 beta 2951

Firon

I have problem with 2151. After some time it fails to update trackers and says something like "cannot create connection because system buffer is full". And other programs(browser, IM) could not connect too. This problem stays until I reboot. No problem with 1.6.1. Build 2145 says tracker offline after some time, I think it's similar problem

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Lucifer: thanks for the file. Did the problem occur all the time with all matches? I got a couple filter matches, and I didn't reproduce the bug after (torrents did not download again). I made a couple changes to the system since 2151, so hopefully it's fixed.

edit: I ran 2151 with your rss.dat, and did not get the issue either... so either this only occurs on certain matches, or something in your settings.dat could be a factor.

Richard Choi : It happened once yesterday when i restart µT. The status shows it's downloading feed but when i checked my firewall log, there's no incoming connection (0 bytes). The releases page was blank even after 15 minutes. I disconnected from the Internet and only after changing the IP that µT was finally able to download the feed. The duplicate entries show up in the history tab after that.

Tokyotosho didn't seem to be down at that time. I'll delete my setting.dat and use a new one to see if i get the same thing.

I have an odd problem with the session totals not showing up beside the current bandwidth in the status bar. I'm running utorrent in wine-0.9.36 in FC6. This problem has been present all through the 1.7 betas. I'm sure more information would be required but I'm not quite sure what will be needed. Let me know if you would like details and the specifics as to what you would like. Thanks.

Indeed I did. I sure feel stupid now. Terribly sorry for having wasted your time with a pointless post. Thanks, Firon.

Edit: So, just so that I'm clear, it doesn't show the session totals if "show speed limits in status bar" is enabled, or is that a bug in Wine that causes this?

2228 seems to refuse to limit DL speed for me:

2228 piccy

Global DL limit works perfectly fine in 2151 tho:

2151 piccy

Same settings, same torrents... well, same everything :)

Limiting UL speed still works in 2228, aswell as limiting DL speed of individual torrents.

EDIT: ugh, looks like speed limit DOES work, but it works well weird... uT lowers DL speed for a short period of time, then goes back to maximum speed (with global DL limit set ofc). Something like that.

Archived