µTorrent 1.7 beta 2951

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@quertiy: Thats just plain stupid (I'm not saying you are!!). People who would want to use those IPs have no trouble whatsoever to find those IPs. Heck! they probably don't even use the IPs µtorrent shows, they probably don't even use µtorrent but their own special client.

It's like closing your own eyes and then hope someone else doesn't see you.

@quertiy & Ultima: From what I've seen in the topics its pretty obvious the high-speed disk overload problem is a bug and not caused by wrong cache settings. Luckily few people download over 1MB/s and there is sort off a workaround but it is annoying to implement.

yep... it was o moron idea :P sorry for that :}

i don't understand though... don't you have 100/1000 lan? from where you can download with 11mB/s? how it's that possible...

and... because of what you said, that not many download with over 1mB/s speeds, the overload protection should be removed

I have just found a bug, that causes some torrents to update their "completed on" status, every time I start up µTorrent. I've tried to track the bug. In 1977 there is no problem, but in 2132 it occurs. I have tested all three types of packages on both builds.

All my active torrents after 2132 were released on 27/5 updates its status, except 2 torrents, which were completed on 28/5 and 3/6.

@quertiy Solving bugs by sweeping them under the carpet is not the utorrent way to go.

@djohn: Bugs goes into the bug report forum, so start a new topic there. And please be more specific: What do you mean "update their status" ?

Isn't this a topic to solve problems in the betas? If not, what are theese replies on the last 35 pages then?

It is a problem that only occurs in µtorrent 1.7 build 2132 and newer. If the bug will be solved by posting it in another category, fine for me, I just pointed a bug in the betas.

btw. a deeper explaination of the bug is here: I order my torrents after the column "completed on", so I have newest finished torrents in the bottom. Every torrents I have downloaded (after downloading build 2132) changes the time-stamp on which they were finished to the exact time i open µTorrent. I hope you'll see that is a bug.

quertiy: the Overload thing is just a symptom. The bug has something to do with the cache. If I remember correctly the problem may be that the Cache is filling at high speeds but doesn't write out equal speeds (or doesn't write out at all), then when the cache is full it wants to write so much at the same time it can't manage it and it overloads or something like that. I'm not really technically knowledgeable enough to know exactly what is going on but that is sort of the idea I got.

@drjohn: I see the same issue at one single torrent in my list. Every time I start uTorrent it's "completed on" is changed to current time. The only difference between this affected torrent and the others is the fact that i have skipped some files in this torrent only. Perhaps uTorrent starts a new completion for this torrent with skipped files.

build 2407;

Please, what msg is that?

from Logger tab:

[19:40:45]  Settings integrity check failed (duplicate keys: 1 count: 70), repaired: C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Dados de aplicativos\uTorrent\settings.dat[20:06:56]  Settings integrity check failed (duplicate keys: 1 count: 71), repaired: C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Dados de aplicativos\uTorrent\settings.dat[20:36:57]  Settings integrity check failed (duplicate keys: 1 count: 70), repaired: C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Dados de aplicativos\uTorrent\settings.dat[21:06:58]  Settings integrity check failed (duplicate keys: 1 count: 70), repaired: C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Dados de aplicativos\uTorrent\settings.dat[21:36:58]  Settings integrity check failed (duplicate keys: 1 count: 70), repaired: C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Dados de aplicativos\uTorrent\settings.dat[22:06:58]  Settings integrity check failed (duplicate keys: 1 count: 70), repaired: C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Dados de aplicativos\uTorrent\settings.dat[22:36:58]  Settings integrity check failed (duplicate keys: 1 count: 70), repaired: C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Dados de aplicativos\uTorrent\settings.dat[23:06:58]  Settings integrity check failed (duplicate keys: 1 count: 70), repaired: C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Dados de aplicativos\uTorrent\settings.dat[23:36:58]  Settings integrity check failed (duplicate keys: 1 count: 70), repaired: C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Dados de aplicativos\uTorrent\settings.dat[00:06:58]  Settings integrity check failed (duplicate keys: 1 count: 70), repaired: C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Dados de aplicativos\uTorrent\settings.dat

Oh, weak you all limited the amount of trackers you can have. I really would like to be able to have more trackers than like 8 or 10.

Also, I am running uTorrent with WINE with Linux. And I am unable to connect to any peers, and download or upload data.

Here's what I get in the WINE debug console if you're interested.

fixme:msvcrt:__lconv_init  stubfixme:heap:HeapSetInformation 0x110000 0 0x456b00 4err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {304ce942-6e39-40d8-943a-b913c40c9cd4} not registerederr:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {304ce942-6e39-40d8-943a-b913c40c9cd4} could be created for context 0x1fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation 0x4c0000 0 0x456b00 4fixme:listview:LISTVIEW_SetColumnOrderArray iCount 16 lpiArray 0x33edccfixme:keyboard:UnregisterHotKey (0x20026,1): stubfixme:winsock:WS_setsockopt Unknown IPPROTO_IP optname 0x00000013fixme:winsock:WS_setsockopt Unknown IPPROTO_IP optname 0x00000013fixme:winsock:WS_setsockopt Unknown IPPROTO_IP optname 0x00000013fixme:winsock:WS_setsockopt Unknown IPPROTO_IP optname 0x00000013fixme:winsock:WS_setsockopt Unknown IPPROTO_IP optname 0x00000013err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {304ce942-6e39-40d8-943a-b913c40c9cd4} not registerederr:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {304ce942-6e39-40d8-943a-b913c40c9cd4} could be created for context 0x1

Archived