µTorrent 1.7 beta 2951

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there people!

I have noticed that in the lately beta releases my upload speed is lower than it should be.. It can't reach the upload limit..

If I go back to utorrent 1.6.1 I have no problem at all, upload speed is fast as it should be ;)

Maybe something isn't working very well :)

Keep up the good work, many thanks for this great app!

EDIT: sorry, forgot to tell, I'm using XP SP2

If i remember correctly, the RSS problem has been happening on v1.6.1 and all the v1.7 beta builds. I'm using v1.5.1 build 439 since it doesn't start RSS automatically.

One problem with b439 is that whenever it fails to download a feed, it won't even try to download again since it has been marked downloaded, though it doesn't happen as frequent as v1.7 beta builds.

I'm not sure about the tracker problem but i first noticed it on b2539 and it's still happening on 2740, µT just won't connect to any peers. v1.5.1 works fine though.

So, seeing that build 2585 does not auto update to the latest build, and someones' response that

It's Firon being lazy.

I have to ask if it is a problem in 2585 and it's never going to auto update, or if the server that supplies the updates simply has not been changed to support the most recent version?

If I go and get the latest version, will auto updates continue from that point?

It isn't Firon being lazy - it is intentionally left out of the updates for now. I'm not sure on the exact reasons but it has probably has something to do with the wide scope of the changes in this beta and that we are trying to get it signed so vista people don't get the yellow UAC dialog.

If you do use this new beta though autoupdates to future versions should work fine.

FOr some reason when I reach high speeds in utorrent (beta 2740 and beta 2585), it seems to lag up and freeze up the AVI file I was watching in ZOomplayer. I just know if speed gets too high, something happens and my video freezes up (audio keeps going). I've never had this happen in earlier builds of utorrent, only in this one.

@ Lucifer - So for the tracker issue, does that always occur with that file, or only sometimes? Do you have automatic upload rate limiting on? Do any of the issues mentioned coincide with getting a new dynamic IP? Sorry, for the interrogation... just trying hard to track down the issues for you.

Just that particular feed. All v1.7 beta are unable to connect to the tracker, i don't have auto upload on. No problem for other torrents using that tracker.

I don't think it has to do with dynamic IP since it works fine if i switch to v1.5 or 6 using the same IP. Could it be that the tracker is banning v1.7 beta?

I still get this when I do a fresh log on to my account.

[Window Title]

utorrent.exe

[Main Instruction]

It seems like µTorrent is already running, but not responding.

[Content]

Please close all µTorrent processes and try again.

[OK]

Is it possible to get rid of this message please?

If I am setting up automatic upload or manually speed is not work, speed is upper my limit. I this see on graph. In 1.6 version line of upload was very near limit line. My maximally upload speed is 32 Kb and if I set limit to 15 Kb or 1 Kb utorrent is uploading max of my speed. I am working on MS Vista 32 bit.

I am sorry for my language but I don't often use it.

Firon:

I have no firewall rules at all for utorrent. I thought that's what UPnP is all about, that the application will create its own rules.

I also switched over to Windows XP Pro x64 and now UPnP doesn't work at all in 1.6. And it's still not working in 1.7 either.

I also recognised, that utorrent keeps banning me as a Peer with my external and internal(!) IP from several torrents in my list. The internal IP seems only to be banned on torrents I created by myself, but I am not sure.

Both happened with 1.7 build 2740.

Archived