Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Firon

µTorrent 1.7 beta 2951

After upgrading from beta 2740 to 2922 uTorrent froze about one minute after start. I had to kill it with task manager. This is my first crash for more than half a year, now I have a dump file "2922-utorrent.cc81.dmp" in uTorrent folder.

2922 no longer brings a confirmation dialog when the X-button is clicked

right-click -> Exit on the tray icon however does work.. odd

uTorrent b2922 occasionally crashes (hangs indefinitely, to be more precise) when clicking on a torrent in the client for me too. Seems to occur most often when the files tab is open. The crashes occur in a minute or so of starting if I idly click at the downloads (seems to occur only after it manages to connect to peers). Anyways, having the files tab open is the surest bet to get the crash to occur.

Crash dumps: http://www.savefile.com/files/842728

Thanks for the reports on the automatic update stuff, but it's not necessary. If it's not updated, it's either intentional, or nothing can be done about it (because of a lack of information to post the update on the automatic update server). In short, it's generally known. Thanks for the concern though :)

hi can any1 point me to a link to an older beta version (25xx - 28xx)

plz really important cant work with all those crashes of 2922

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/5414/utorrentxbehavyb6.jpg

anyone notice the redundancy? :P

i believe 'Close to tray' was enabled by default in 2922, which explains the lack of confirmation dialog

How is it redundant? Right clicking the tray icon and hitting exit will show the confirmation dialog. And minimizing and closing are two different actions, though both will go to tray by default now.

@napouser

Have tried to copy one of the new links and replacing the version number by one of the old one? It works fine.

WOW just had my first crash with uTorrent. Said something about do you want to send the dump to the developers then came back and said unable to send crash report to server... http send request failed. Must be the tab problem with 2922?

My utorrent is always stable :P Strange.

And beta release reminds me of the old times when a new version came up every week or so. Good days.

There were some kinda major internal changes in 2899 that caused some problems. That's why didn't release the builds on the auto updater, as we were worried about crashes (which indeed happened).