µTorrent 1.7 beta 2951

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It probably is a tracker bug but all I know is that it worked fine with 1.6.1 and no longer works with the latest beta build. It scrapes OK, but it won't connect to any of the peers, while 1.6.1 starts connecting instantly to the same swarm. One or two others said they had the same problem with a certain tracker (though I'm sure its different than the one I'm having problems with)

Tracker status is "working".

The tracker doesn't ban beta clients and uTorrent is the recommended client and has worked fine up until this beta.

Is there any info I can give you that'd help find the source of the problem? If one of the devs would take a look I could email them a .torrent (it has my passkey in it, but it's a "free" torrent that doesn't affect my ratio.. I still don't want to post it publicly of course.)

@thexfile & @Salem: the UPnP "problems" are known and they work on it, ok?

It seems that some routers now have a lag with UPnP which worked well up to 1.6.1 (like mine, I have lags up to some minutes too) and routers with problems up to 1.6.1 work now without problems.

DreadWingKnight, man, you have a problem.

It's a beta. It has bugs, we're reporting.

This is an issue. When I don't have more than 5 peers and it will not connect to any peer but one then it's an obvious issue, don't you think? I mostly hate public trackers. I use in more than 90% of my time private trackers and I'm seeing this issue. It connects to a seeder, then it stops connecting to others, including leechers. It's a bug, get it? And yes, connecting to the seeders in private trackers means more speed. The fastest connection gets a file in the fastest time.

I don't like the "Add New Torrent" dialog. Now I cannot select a range of files by dragging a rectangle around them, by presssing CTRL or SHIFT...

sorry to repet myself... but does anyone have the same issues? I hope this gets fixed in future builds.

In 1.6.1 you could select files by dragging the mouse about. That doesn't work in this beta. Also, my right click menu doesn't work in the add torrent dialog when I try and right click in the file area. Also, you can no longer ctrl+click and select several different files and then just right click and select. It's very tedious to download large multifile torrents now.

Edit: If you scroll horizontally in the file area of the add torrent dialog, the display gets messed up. The numbers for size don't stay in their column, but just slide about. The dialog's pretty messed up. =/

> Edit: If you scroll horizontally in the file area of the add torrent dialog, the display gets messed up. > The numbers for size don't stay in their column, but just slide about.

More precise instructions to reproduce would be beneficial here as well as a screenshot.

P.S. Keep in mind it is a beta so nothing is really set in stone yet

EDIT: Thanks for the reports :)

You fixed the mouse scroll problems with Vista! Thank You!! That was annoying the hell out of me. I didn't realise there was a problem with the Vista fonts till it got fixed. They look a lot better now.

Everything is normal. Ports still forwarded. 280 DHT nodes. 380 peers. 250 kB/s down. 30 kB/s up.

To be honest i was hoping to find a bug. It's no fun when everything works! ;)

Here's a bug I just found. So far, none of the 1.7 betas are remembering to start up on my second monitor after manually moving the window there. They always start up on the primary monitor. 1.6 doesn't have this problem for me.

Archived