µTorrent 1.7 beta 2951

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The installation thing: OK, it's a nice idea but at least within Windows Vista the Directory is not what it should be... "C:\User\Username\Program Files" is a bad idea i think. C:\Program Files should be the better Choice. But what about the Users with different names for "Program Files" e.g. "Programme" or whatever?

@Yoshi

"C:\Program Files should be the better Choice"

It does if the user has write access to it, otherwise it installs in %PROFILE%\Program Files - suggestions are welcome

"But what about the Users with different names for "Program Files" e.g. "Programme" or whatever?"

It should install there in the localized version

BTW - here is another problem with V 1.7 BETA - an RSS problem.

its not a 1.7 beta problem, its the same behaviour as in 1.6.x.

if not successful - do not mark it as downloaded, and do not put it in any history. Retry during the next scan.

im glad actually, that it marks it as downloaded.. even if its not true. this way I get notified about that episoed and at least I can download it manualy. if its not marked as downloaded, I would not see that this episode got released!

it should mark it as download failed or whatever. but it should be marked!

right, different mark for "failed" - is helpful too ... BTW - they have put all the failed ones in the log tab now, so you can look there...

best - is to fix the bug and try look up in other feeds when it fails...

And I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that it is a problem in both 1.7 and 1.6...

I just finded out that keyboard shortcuts for "Move Up" and "Move Down" no longely works :(

Was Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down

Will it be restored in release version? Or you just changed key combination to something very unusual that can not be easily imagine? (i tryed some keys blindly, no success)

@DonGata, Stone

I reported about that before. But its not a bug it's "feature". For some reason µTorrent remembers the state of Select all or none. (Like you were downloading the same torrent every time??)

Wouldn't it be more intuitive with all files selected per default?

Any chance for RSS that the Fav>Episode Number option be auto-incremented so that one does not download the same episode over and over again (some torrents have exactly the same tv avi file but named slightly different).

I dont want my isp hiking up monthly fees due to uTorrent users ;)

Any chance for RSS that the Fav>Episode Number option be auto-incremented so that one does not download the same episode over and over again (some torrents have exactly the same tv avi file but named slightly different).

As I see it - it is not really needed most of the times, and no need for automation there. You should select "smart ep. filter", and it will auto-load for you only episodes ABOVE the # of the last one it already downloaded. Don't worry, it "knows" to parse the name and refer to the ep. # alone...

You will need this ep. # field ONLY when you start a new fav, and don't want episodes from the past to be downloaded. Then you should specify the first one you like to start with and on... you don't need to change it if you remembered to check the 'smart' check-box ...

Archived