Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Firon

µTorrent 1.7 beta 2951

Recommended Posts

I'm sorry to interrupt, but I don't quite like one feature. It's automatic .torrent extension associating. I mean, it's not that µTorrent is the only BitTorrent client we use (2 µTs at time) and changing back the .torrent extension every time you open µT is quite annoying...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normally it doesn't mess up. Sometimes it does (a new beta build combined with certain settings or an outside influence) and deleting it and start afresh in those cases is only a minor nuisance compared to trying to create a fix-all-posible-problems-that-could-occur-to-the-settings-files functionality. We like to say that this Beta is 'stable' and its only a matter of time before there will be a official 1.7 stable but the reality is that using beta's can cause (mostly minor) problems as this thread demonstrates. Prevent/cleaning up the mess is secondary to fixing the actual bugs and tuning the new functionalities.

I'm sure the 1.7 final will have a neigh-to-nil chance of messing up the settings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DennisCool: Just delete settings.dat and settings.dat.old and reconfigure. µTorrent already attempts to repair busted settings.dat files. If it can't, and you're unwilling to help it, then too bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ultima

I understand this way, but, IMHO, if uTorrent can understand that settings.dat has problem and uTorrent has ability to write to settings.dat - why not to fix it automatically ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One question:

Is this loval peer thing looking for same ip range in the whole world or only from the peers which you receive from Tracker?

Cause there could be a problem with Private Trackers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Local IP is only for LAN peers, and has nothing to do with topography.

@DenisCool: Exactly what are you trying to fix? What's happening that you need to "fix" the file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, thanks for correcting that settings bug..I thought I f***ed up something...

Download limit 'bug'....interesting..it doesn't occur here..

myscreenshot59sn3.th.png

myscreenshot61vd8.th.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stone, yes, I`m using 2407 (2448 now).

I tryed to delete settings.dat, but it have no effect.

And one more strange problem. I uploading at speed 20-30 kB/s but graph says, that upload speed = 0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OH. You were referring to the Logger tab messages? They were simply that -- logger messages to inform users that it was fixing a detected problem...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ultima

I just wanted to say that it is better say just 1 time about problem in settings file and fix file, but it is already fixed :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shinobi, nice! never noticed that. Yeah OK.

It is working fine here, and notice the status bar:

utorrentiu7.th.jpg

Shows as "Download limited". Funny bug. ;)

Should be "Upload limited" as I do have not download limited on, only uploading limit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In multi tracker torrents, why does it need a blank line in between tracker names for it to work? Just a linefeed does not seem to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi folks, I just got two crashes with the latest build (2448) while trying to disable and enable the scheduler, respectively. I'm not sure what kind of information you need to check this out, but I've put up the DrWatson log excerpts here and here - please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. :)

FWIW, BTW, the build was grabbed and installed by the automatic updater (so I'm not sure which of the three versions it is).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay maybe I should have been more specific... When a tracker in a tier fails it should try the next tracker in the list and stop if it gets an ok. While it should do this for each tier for each announce. Well it fails on the first tracker in a tier and stops.... rather than trying the next one in the tier...

Okay it seems it works but just takes a long time to get to the next one. IE the icon turns red and stayed there for a long time and later when I checked it had gone to the next tracker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.