µTorrent 1.7 beta 2951

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To nitpick about the whole auto-update feature:

Could the auto-update option be renamed to what it actually is? "Notify me on release of new beta versions." And after that's done, could a real auto-update option (meaning no dialogs, it just does it) be made? I am away from my computer for most of the day and always come home to an auto-update dialog and wish it would just do it automatically like it implies.

i mean, it's ignoring the limit (no matter which one..)

it's ignoring the individual limit for the torrent and the global too..

i guess it doesnt count them as local.. that's bad..

even if it does, it still wont work correctly for me since my ISP has several subnets (around 10..), peers of which could give me 100Mbit/s and there's no way for uT to know that.. a list somewhere where we could specify IP ranges (or subnets) would be cool

EDIT: aaahh

--- 2007-05-31: Version 1.7 (build 2248)

- Change: uTorrent now no longer forks on uninstallation so it should correctly be removed from add/remove programs on windows 95 varieties

- Change: include all adapters in subnet search for local peers

- Change: consider peers in reserved local ranges as local peers

- Change: don't limit local peers by default

- Change: sort RSS release qualities

- Fix: download rate limiting bug

- Fix: fix a bug with force recheck from 2224

if that's true, than it's some sort of bug

Eh? What's a bug?

I'm not sure, but you seem to be getting something confused here. Local peers have NOTHING to do with topography or geography. The only thing µTorrent looks at is what's within your LAN. Peers in the same geographic location as you are not necessarily part of your LAN, so I'm not seeing what your ISP's "subnets" have to do with anything.

AFAIK, the only subnets µTorrent looks are the ones that can be figured out via ipconfig. Meaning your IP address as shown in the ipconfig output with the subnet mask applied, provided the IPs are within the ranges specified in RFC1918. In the end, external WAN IP addresses do not count anywhere as being local, and that's not a bug at all.

it's a bit different, but still..

all adapters are searched for local peers, which means that uT considers peers from all subnets from all adapters local and tries to add them to the peer list.. but it doesnt count them as local when it's upto limiting speed..

@DreadWingKnight

"Running that many torrents at a time will cause some to run at less than 1kbyte/sec.

Torrents that are running at less than 1kbyte/sec aren't counted towards queue counts."

That _might_ be true (about the number of torrents) if my connection wasn't 5/5 mbit (also, upload slots set to 2 per torrent). But yeah, the option that controls that still is the reason (advanced: queue.dont_count_slow_ul). Can't help that other people have poor connections and just can't download fast enough :)

- Change: include all adapters in subnet search for local peers

- Change: consider peers in reserved local ranges as local peers

As far as I understand that it means that any IP that it can find on any network adapter is considered local as long as its in the local IP ranges regardless of it being in the same subnet, right?

Local IP ranges:

10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255

172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255

192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255

@dAbReAkA: No your ISP buddies cannot be considered local peers. Your ISP is providing a very fine service indeed but right now µtorrent isn't able to work with that.

Archived