Not Connectable (Vista 64bit)

ncish7

I recently purchased a new computer, with Windows Vista 64 Bit OS. On this new computer, I have installed a Belkin Wireless USB Adapter (F5D7050). It is picking up the signal sent out from my router, on my other computer. The router is a Linksys WRT54G. I have the updated firmware DD-WRT v23 SP2. I have turned off the Router firewall, and added utorrent to the list of exceptions on my windows firewall. I have read through the speed guide, and followed the directions, yet I am still not connectable. I believe its a problem with forwarding the ports for my router. If someone could help me with that, or tell me what the problem is, that would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Where it says use the following DNS Server adresses... What am I putting there? Where it says IP address, I put in my IPv4 address, which was 192.168.1.124, would that be correct? I just dont know what to put for the DNS options. Thanks, and sorry for my lack of knowledge with this.

Ok, I believe Ive now set up the static IP. For IP address, I put 192.168.1.124, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, and default gateway 192.168.1.1, and for the DNS, i copied the address' that were on the status page. Is that correct?

Archived