Can't download anything

Manos

Till yesterday, I could normally download and upload files. Now, I can't download anything while these files I want already have people that share them.

Probably there's something wrong with the settings. I have an ADSL connection and a Speedtouch 530. If I change my IP address to static according to the guide, then afterwards I can't connect to the internet.

So, I only try to add some ports through the NAPT menu. Honestly, your guide needs to be more detailed there cos it doesn't specify all the things I have to add there. am I going to open a port and type the same number at my preferences? And what am I going to put into the "Inside IP" field? My default gateway IP?

ps. I have Antivir Guard. Do you think that this will affect utorrent? Thanks.

The "Inside IP" field depends on your setup. If you are configuring your modem and you have a router, then the "Inside IP" field needs to be the router's gateway LAN ip address (probably 192.168.x.1). If you don't have a router, then it needs to be your computer's LAN ip address. (probably 192.168.x.x)

Ok, I've got an open port. Now it says "port is open and accepting connections".

The problem is that the speed is still too slow. I'm downloading with about 10-12 kb/sec and after some minutes the speed reaches close to zero and then up again :-(

Also note that when I'm downloading from FTP Sites I reach speeds up to 50 kb/sec. Now I try to download some files which are very common and are seeded by at least 5 people so the speed should be high.

ps. The "Seeds" indicator says 5(6). What does this mean? 5 people are seeding and 6 more are seeding while not having downloaded 100% of the file?

• 9 months later...

hello frens!!

well seems like it wont be much help as the problem doesnt seem to be with wirless conncetion...but still i will like to state wht i did to solve exactly the same problem...i went to 192.168.1.1 and in the security the firewall was set to high and i lowered it to default and it is working fine now..

Regards...

Archived