tried everything but still low speeds

whatsinaname

I'm experiencing very low download speeds all of a sudden. The maximum speed I see is 25Kbps.My upload speed is more than my download speed most of the time.I've read the forums, tried speed guide and everything, but nothing seems to work.

After running speed tests my global maximum upload rate is set at 90kB/s and my global maximum download rate at 180.

Color of the network status light in µTorrent's status bar (at the bottom of the µTorrent main window) is sometimes yellow and sometimes red. never seen it as green.

I tried forwarding my port but when I check it it says port not open.I followed the steps on portforward.com several times.

Global maximum number of connections is 130.

maximum number of connected peers 70

Operating system installed:Windows XP

I have a Dlink 502T ADSL router. Ive disabled my firewall.

Thanks a lot for any help!

There may be more than your router firewalling µTorrent.

What firewall, antivirus, and antispyware software are you running? (Any one or all of them may be firewalling µTorrent!)

Your modem may also contain a firewall or even a mini-router that needs to be configured.

How do I check if my modem has a mini router or a firewall? I even disabled the windows xp firewall. Im not running any antispy software. My anti virus software is the symantec antivirus corporate. Please help. My download speeds keep getting lower inspite of the torrent being quite healthy.

I had same problem, here's how i fixed it:

In my case, it wasn't anything to do with my PC - it was my Router (Netgear) settings. To make it clear, everything I did was fine - I opened up all ports on the firewall, but apparently "allow all" wasn't good enough for my netgear DG834

You have to create ANOTHER entry to let the uTorrent port through EVEN IF you've made a setting that "Allow ALL" incoming to your LAN IP.

It might work for you

You can look up info on your modem from the manufacturer's website online. Use GOOGLE to find that.

If that's too hard, you can call up your ISP and be put on hold for hours on end till you finally connect to a tech smart enough to answer that question.

Archived