Red Circle Not Connectable !

PIECER

Hi, I have a Actiontec GT704WG which I went into its settings to do that port forwarding thing. I have a red circle with a exclamation point! in the middle of it. It says" A firewall/router is limiting your network traffic. You need to open a port so others can connect to you." I did what the instructions say going into the advance settings..etc and add Utor1..etc but didnt seem to work. Help plz!! Ive tried random ports but I keep getting the error! Thanks

Yes I did not skip any steps. I even went back into the setup and the Utor1 was still listed in the advance settings. No matter what port number I choose or randomize I still get the unable to open port error when I test it "port does not appear to be open"

I checked in my settings on the actiontec and the firewall is disabled. I notice though under my Network Connection in windows..it says Connected,Firewalled..1394 Network Adapter. I have comodo which it is not blocking utorrent at all..I have AVG but havent checked if that is effecting my situation. I have Windows Firewall turned on and utorrent is checked off in the EXCEPTIONS tab. Is there other windows settings I need to check for?

If you want µTorrent to try to auto port forward your router you NEED UPNP enabled in µTorrent.

Otherwise, UPnP in µTorrent needs to be disabled.

µTorrent discovers the ip it's on normally, you don't normally enter your ip in it. In the rare event you need to (due to your computer having multiple internet connections with different ips or proxy servers), then there's a net bind ip setting in advanced.

TCP/UDP packet forwarding is done on the router configuration (screens/windows). Usually, the router's settings are changed via a web browser "surfing" the router's ip address like it's a web address/webpage.

I enabled auto port forward/upnp enabled in utorrent. I still have the red circle with the ! in it saying " A firewall/router is limiting your network traffic. Need to open a port so others can connect to you." I went into my actiontec advance setup and there is no settings for TCP/UDP packet forwarding option.

On my actiontec config UPNP is currently disabled by default. Port start, port end and port mapboxes are emply under rule manegement of Utor1. Also under NAT section this setting is turned on, it says if I turn off NAT I must specify a static route for local subnet. HELP!!! plz of course :D

Wow...Do I need to start a new topic? I disabled NAT and enabled UPNP in my router advance settings and that didnt do anything.

Archived