Problems with seeding. Help appreciated.

tel1jag

Hello,

Firstly, let me apologize if this is something easy that I am not aware of, but although I have downloaded torrents fairly easily, this is my first attempt at seeding.

At work, we are looking for a way to push content out to many desktops (we don't need full imaging), and BitTorrent looks like it will be the perfect solution. However, we need to put a directory structure on each desktop (vmware images).

My team and I have set up several different ways to test this (and different people on different machines) but we all run into the same problems...

When we make a torrent and get it ready for seeding...we either can't download it (nothing happens on the download mete) or we get Failure: requested download is not authorized for use with this tracker.

Questions we have, does the torrent have to be in the same physical directory as the thing being torrent'ed? We have tried both ways... If we use single files, it's hit or miss to be downloaded, but directories and sometimes single files either never start, start then stop or we get the above error.

This is being done in a closed lab on the same network (no proxies, no routers, no gateways). Windows 2003 Server and XP machines, newest uTorrent.

Any advice or tips that a newbie should be aware of in a case like this?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help us.

--Jeff

bt.enable_tracker has to be set to true for sure. I don't know about any others.

The problem with using torrents in the environment you are is the shared data has to generally be static, as even a slight change in it will force you to release new .torrent files reflecting the changes.

Archived