i need your help!

r_marina

hi im new in all this torrent thing. I have a high speed internet connection and im allways downloading files with 200 kB/s even though im downloading two files here in i torrent but the avarage speed is 4 kB/s. can anyone help me to improve these speed because the files are 800 MB each and im getting desperate. i will thank you your help so much!!

Even 4 KB/sec would complete 800 MB files in less than a week.

But file sharing is not the same as downloading from just any old website...you're limited by the upload speeds of everyone else -- which is often less than 1/10th their max download rates!

You need to run Speed Guide (CTRL+G) and choose the setting that closest matches your UPLOAD bandwidth max in kilobits/sec. For many broadband users, this is xx/384k...but yours may be higher/lower, so run speed tests to check first if you ISP hasn't told you.

Also, after choosing the settings...make sure µTorrent can actually reach and sustain the upload speed you told it to use. Otherwise, you're probably hurting your download speed alot...and 4 KB/sec would be the rule rather than the exception!

Archived