Utorrent stops download

immy

Whenver I download anything after about a minute or two the download will just stop and the message "file is being used by another process" pops up

I'm using windows vista with utorrent version 1.6.1 if that helps

I would be thankful for any help!

I'v uninstalled google desktop from my computer but that dosn't seem to have fixed it.

What exactly is Winzip quickfind (I saw it on the faq)

Is there a way how I can change vista so that it works with utorrent

Thanks for all the help btw

Would be very interested in reading a solution to your problem as,being a very new convertee to Utorrent I am experiencing exactly the same problem as yourself.

There is one main difference in that I am still with WIn XP sp2.

Everthing starts off fine with green icon and message stating that network is working as it should but within a minute or two the torrent disconnects and I get the message in the taskbar which says: "Process cannot access the file as it is being use by another process".As far as I am aware I am not running any other process at the time.

Good luck,

westonmale

Thanks immy,

Since my first mail I removed Google Desktop and although that didn't help you, all seems to be OK here at the moment.Fingers and all otherthings crossed.

I have Roxio Home Suite 8 installed and notice in my Task Manager that Drag to Disc always seems to be "running" although I am not making use of it.

I fail to understand how Google Desktop or Roxio can be desribed as "another process being used and as such preventing Utorrent from accessing the file".

Perhaps someone more experienced than mysellf may care to advise on this.

Best wishes,

westonmale

Archived