Minimize hash time

togarha

Hi!

My question is:

It is possible to minimize the hash time to the minimum? The problem is that I have different PCs. One connects to internet during the day, and the other at night. The hard disk that saves the files is network drive. Then, the program uses most of its time to hash the files, and not to download it. There is any way to minimize this time at least as possible?

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

PS: I have the same post in other forum (bittorrent/utorrent) because I have a mistake in the post position, if any moderator thinks convenient, it can delete the other post...

What makes you think µTorrent doesn't already try it's hardest to hash as fast as possible? The speed at which it hashes is usually bounded by the CPU, or the data read speed (could be slowed down by slow disk IO, or the fact that you read over a network, among other things). The only way µTorrent can speed the hashing up is if you rid yourself of those bottlenecks.

Hi!

utorrent hashes because I am downloading with two different pc's. One by the day and the other one at night. Furthermore, the hard drive is a network drive, because that, utorrent hash so slow.

Can I copy the config files of one of the utorrent pc's to the other pc to work fine?

Thanks in advance...

Hash checking over a network drive will be TERRIBLY slow even with a GB connection. It should be avoided even more.

Although I haven't tested it myself I assume you can try copying the µtorrent files yes. But the download folder(s) should have the same path (for example g:\download\) on both computers.

Close µtorrent properly on PC one. Then copy the %appdata%\utorrent folder to the other comp. Start µtorrent there.

The torrent list should be loaded correctly and Resume.dat should have the right data but I'm not 100% sure. However I assume you use a different port on the other computer and this is stored in the settings.dat file. You could try not overwriting that file but a couple of settings will have to be exactly the same as the other comp.

Could you let us know here if it actually works for future reference? Maybe someone else that actually did try this can explain which steps he took?

Archived