Jump to content

Automatic upload bandwidth in 1.7 1170


Nahor

Recommended Posts

I get some weird results with it. I have a DSL with an upload of 384kbps. My actual upload is usually around 30-33KB/s. Yet most of the time µTorrent select a max upload of 43-45KB/s. I saw it going up to 75KB/s!

Once, to test, I tried to upload a file to my company's server. That upload ran at about 2-3KB/s. µTorrent behaved like it never noticed (43-45KB/s on average, peaks at 50-60KB/s)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mm... I was testing it last night, and also noticed similar behavior, and it was saturating my upload (killing my connection). I'm not sure why µTorrent is measuring such high upload rates (about 60KiB/s) when my connection can only handle 384kbps up (48KiB/s theoretical maximum). In the end, it set the limit to about 44KiB/s, which kept making my connection time out.

Scratch my previous suggestion -- the only way I found to work around it was to actually lower bt.auto_ul_factor, and not bt.auto_ul_max. At least in this way, you can still use automatic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...