poor inital seeding speeds

Longstar71

my problem seems to be that the intial seeding bounces between active an inactive and i get slow speeds my speed posted by my isp is

Modem set-up of up to 6.0 Mbps download and 800 Kbps upload.

all of my other dls, and ul workfine im just having issues creating my own torrent as im getting poor speed 0.15 - 10 and this cycling of active => inactive

Longstar71

if ticked "initial seed" then slower uplaodspeeds are normal when your peers are stupid asshole clients that do not play well by the rules what to say and do with peers. this is specially true if your peers are Bit Comets and you do initial seeding.

if you are mostly interested in getting stuff out FAST and don't need to be concerned that you must send out 2 to 3 or even more times the amount of data till you get at least on complete set of pieces out and this more on data to be sent isn't a problem for your ISP plan, then do NOT do initial seeding.

Initial seeding is optimised to send out as less redundant pieces as possible, thats why the speed fluctuates while µT waits for confirmation from other peers that they got the piece you send out to peer A before you send another piece to peer A.

the main issue i see is that it swictches from active to inactive like a roller coaster ride and the speed is real slow, so now i unticked initial seed as i think i have enuff of a bandwith to get out quick but this fluctuating from active to unactive when i have peers listed what causes that and the low u/l speed

does it still fluctuates now when you are seeding normal?

if yes, then you might have choosen wrong settings for your µT

if you have 800kb upload choose the xx/768k value in CTRL+G

the fluctuation in intitial seeding can result because µT waits for confirmation from other peers that they got the piece you send out to peer A before you send another piece to peer A.

if you only see 2 peers for example an one had a slow uploadspeed himself your µT will have to wait longer until the second peer got it and told you about so you are willing to give peer 1 another piece to share.

If you have even more peers, and there is at least a lucky swede with fully connectable µT in the swarm, your initial seeding will be smoothly like the normal seeding.

Archived