portforwarding problems

rickstockman

Hi I am having problems trying to open a port to forward.

I have a netgear wgt624 router and I set the portforward with the PF program

here is the error I get

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 48610 on 74.226.220.48...

Error! Port 48610 does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.34.145) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5).

Hi, Did you Setup Port Forward on your Router?? If NOT have a look at this Guide for your Router:

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netgear/WGT624/Utorrent.htm

You will Also NEED to Setup a Static IP for your Computer, so also Read this guide on How to Choose & Setup a Static IP:

http://forum.portforward.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Knowledge;action=display;num=1116577357

Let me know How you make Out!!

-JLAF5150

Thanks for the response I have and did set up the portforwarding and the static ip address

I used the port forwrding program (PF) and i recheck the NETGEAR instruction on line to ensure I did it correctly lI double check that the static ip is working using ipconfig /all

I use pc cillian for my fire wall and I added utorrent in the exdception list to alllow thru

any more suggestion I would really like to use this service but the last time I down loaded a 350 mb file it took 11.5 hours not good

Please help

I am using bellsouth westell 890 modem I have disabled the firewall and searched for PeerGuardian2 or Protowall cannot find it, I have also serch for ipfilter.dat did not find I didn't think I would because I did not install any of them but checked just the same I have rebooted the router and modem I f I use my verizon USB 720 modem the ports are open but it is just to slow.

I am at a complete loss as to what else to do.

your continued help and suggestions is much appreciated.

I am using ethernet and the port is open according to the setting in the router.

I tryed my USB modem to see if the port was ooen thru my system not using the router or bellsouth dsl modem.

Port Forwarding / Port Triggering

Please select the service type

Port Forwarding

Port Triggering

Service Name Server IP Address

AIMAge-of-EmpireFTPHTTPICUIIIP_PhoneNetMeetingNewsPF1PPTPQuakeII/IIIReal-AudioTelnet . . .

# Service Name Start Port End Port Server IP Address

1 PF1 33333 33333 192.168.0.100

I change the port to 33333 i changed the port in all areas athat i could find that needed it meaning firewall software (pc cillian)

set to 33333 in preference incoming connection 33333

I know I must be missing something but I can not find it.

your continued help and suggestions is much appreciated.

Archived